Contactless payments reimbursement form
You can apply for a reimbursement if you were:
- charged an incorrect fare amount.
- unable to tap off due to an emergency evacuation or power or equipment outage.
- charged a default fare due to a service disruption.
Before you claim:
- see the Opal Refund and Balance Transfer Policy (pdf 249KB).
- check the details of your contactless payment on this website or the Opal Travel app.
What you need to know
If your reimbursement is approved, the amount will be credited to your next fare. If you do not travel on the same card or device within 7 days, the amount will then be reimbursed to the credit card used.
Card issuer fees will not be reimbursed. You need to contact your financial institution regarding the reimbursement of any card fees.
Please allow approximately 20 business days for this form to be processed.
How to use this form
To investigate your transaction we only require the first six digits and last four digits of the payment card used for your trip. If the reimbursement is for a payment made by a:
- payment card, please complete section 3.1
- mobile payment device, please complete sections 3.1 and 3.2
Please do not provide your full payment card details in the comments field.