Sydney Showground, Sydney Olympic Park
- Show opens
- Show opens during Easter Long Weekend
- Pavilions open
- Pavilions open during Easter Long Weekend
- Entertainment finishes
- Showbag Pavilion closes
Important event information
The annual Sydney Royal Easter Show returns to Olympic Park for twelve days of festivities from Friday 12 to Tuesday 23 April. With large crowds expected each day during the school holidays and especially over the Easter Long Weekend, the best way to get to and from the Show is by public transport with express trains and major event buses running daily.
Attendees are reminded that ShowLink tickets include your entry to the Show as well as travel on public transport to and from Olympic Park. ShowLink tickets are not available to purchase at train stations or on buses. You need to purchase your ShowLink ticket online or at a selected Woolworths outlet.
If you have to drive you will need to allow extra travel time and pre-book your parking as car parks typically reach capacity from the early morning, particularly on Good Friday and Easter Monday.
During the Show there are a number of events also being hosted in other venues within Olympic Park so keep in mind it will be busier on the following days:
- Friday 12 April: Bring me the Horizon at Qudos Bank Arena from 7pm.
- Saturday 13 April: Harlem Globetrotters at Qudos Bank Arena from 7pm.
- Saturday 13 April: A-League Western Sydney Wanderers v Sydney FC at ANZ Stadium from 8pm
- Friday 19 April: NRL Bulldogs v Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium from 4pm
For more information on events in the precinct, visit What's on at Sydney Olympic Park.
Valid ShowLink tickets include entry to the Show as well as travel on the following public transport services to and from Sydney Olympic Park:
- Sydney Trains and NSW TrainLink services (bounded by Bomaderry, Nowra, Goulburn, Bathurst, Scone and Dungog stations)
- Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses
- Regular Sydney metropolitan and outer metropolitan bus services
- Sydney & Newcastle Ferries
- Sydney & Newcastle light rail services.
Your ShowLink ticket is your ticket to travel on public transport, so remember to keep it safe for your return journey, or you'll need to use an Opal card on trains, ferries and light rail services. Your entitlement is valid until 04:00 the following day.
If you're buying your Show entry ticket at the gate, just let the bus driver or Transport Staff member know when boarding services. Cash tickets are not sold on-board Major Event Buses and services aren't Opal Card enabled.
Note: an additional station access fee applies for travel to or from Domestic and International Airport stations. Your event ticket does not include the access fee, so if you're travelling from these stations you'll need to pay the train station access fee.
The closest station to the Show is Olympic Park.
Additional trains will run daily throughout the show with express services running from Central.
Attendees are reminded the Show typically sees its largest crowds over the Easter Long Weekend so allow extra travel time when catching transport to and from the Show during this time.
Weekdays - Friday 12 April, Monday 15 to Thursday 18 April, Tuesday 23 April
- From the city, express services will run between Central and Olympic Park every 20 minutes from 8am until 11am, then every 30 minutes until 11pm, stopping at Redfern and Strathfield.
- From the west, catch a regular train to Lidcombe Station then head to the Platform Zero for a direct service to Olympic Park, running every 10 minutes from 5:30am until 12.30am.
- Blue Mountains Line: services will make an additional stop at Lidcombe between 9:25am and 3pm and between 7pm and 1am.
Weekend 1 - Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 April
- Express trains from will run between Central, Blacktown and Olympic Park:
- From Central: services run every 15 minutes from 9am until 9pm, stopping at Redfern, Strathfield then Olympic Park.
- To Central: services leave Olympic Park every 15 minutes from 9.15am until 9.15pm, then every 10 minutes until 11pm and every 15 minutes until midnight, stopping at Strathfield, Redfern then Central.
- From Blacktown: services run every 30 minutes from 2.15pm until 8.45pm, stopping at Seven Hills, Westmead, Parramatta, Granville, Lidcombe then Olympic Park. Prior to 2.15pm customers will need to change at Lidcombe for shuttle services to Olympic Park.
- To Blacktown: services leave Olympic Park every 30 minutes from 2.15pm until 11.15pm, stopping at Lidcombe, Granville, Parramatta, Westmead, Seven Hills then Blacktown. On Saturday night services from 9.45pm to 11.15pm will extend all-stations to Penrith.
- Lidcombe shuttle services to Olympic Park will run every 10 minutes from 5:30am until 12.30am.
- Blue Mountains Line: services between 9am and 10:30pm will make an additional stop at Lidcombe.
- Central Coast & Newcastle: services to Wyong (leaving Strathfield at 7pm and 8pm) will extend to Morisset.
- Southern Highlands Line: an additional service will leave Campbelltown at 11:55pm, stopping all stations to Moss Vale.
Easter Long Weekend – Friday 19 to Monday 22 April
- Express trains from will run between Central, Blacktown/Schofields and Olympic Park each day of the long weekend Friday to Monday inclusive.
- From Central: services will run every 10 minutes from 8.30am until 2.30pm, then approximately every 8 minutes until 9pm, stopping at Redfern, Strathfield then Olympic Park.
- To Central: services will leave Olympic Park every 10 minutes from 9am until midnight, stopping at Strathfield, Redfern then Central.
- From Schofields: every 30 minutes from 7.30am until midnight, stopping at Quakers Hill, Marayong, Blacktown, Seven Hills, Toongabbie, Pendle Hill, Wentworthville, Westmead, Parramatta, Granville, Auburn, Lidcombe then Olympic Park. From 9.30pm services will also stop at Harris Park.
- To Schofields: services will leave Olympic Park every 30 minutes from 8.45am until 12.20am stopping at Lidcombe, Auburn, Granville, Parramatta, Westmead, Wentworthville, Pendle Hill, Toongabbie, Seven Hills, Blacktown, Marayong, Quakers Hill then Schofields.
- The Lidcombe shuttle services to Olympic Park will run every 10 minutes from 5:30am until 2pm. Shuttle services will then be extended to run between Blacktown and Olympic Park every 10 minutes between 2pm and midnight and between Penrith and Olympic Park every 30 minutes between 2pm and midnight.
- Blue Mountains Line
- Services to and from Central between 8am and 10:30pm will make an additional stop at Lidcombe.
- Central Coast & Newcastle Line:
- An additional service will leave Newcastle Interchange at 7:02am, stopping at Broadmeadow, Cardiff, Fassifern, Morisset, Wyong, Tuggerah, Gosford, Woy Woy, Hornsby then Olympic Park.
- An additional service will leave Wyong at 09:01, stopping all stations to Berowra, Hornsby and Olympic Park.
- Services to Gosford leaving Central at 18:46 and 19:46 (leaving Strathfield at 7pm and 8pm) will extend to Morisset.
Weekdays - evening trackwork
- City Circle Line from Monday 15 to Thursday 18 April: Trains run in one direction only, from Central first stop Town Hall each evening from 21:30 until 01:00.
- Blue Mountains Line from Monday 15 to Thursday 18 April: Buses will replace trains between Katoomba and Penrith each evening from 22:20 until 23:50. From 22:05 until 01:00, buses replace trains between Penrith and Katoomba.
- T6 Carlingford Line: On Monday 15 April from 23:30 until 01:30, buses replace trains between Clyde and Carlingford.
Weekend - from 02:00 Saturday 13 April until 02:00 Monday 15 April
- T1 Western Line and T5 Cumberland Line: Buses will replace trains between Richmond and Schofields.
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line: Buses will replace trains between Cronulla and Sutherland.
Easter Long Weekend 19-22 April - from 02:00 Friday 19 April until 02:00 Tuesday 23 April
- T1 Western Line and T5 Cumberland Line: Buses will replace trains between Richmond and Schofields. T1 Western Line Trains run to a changed timetable between Schofields and Olympic Park.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: On Saturday 19 April from 05:00 until 09:00, Homebush trains run between Ashfield and the City only.
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line and South Coast Line: Buses will replace trains between Central and Bondi Junction. T4 Illawarra Line trains start and end at North Sydney.
To note: the Epping to Chatswood rail line has been temporarily closed for upgrades ahead of Sydney Metro North West services starting in mid 2019. The high-frequency bus service, Station Link, replaces trains between Epping and Chatswood. For more information on Station Link, visit transportnsw.info.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel to and from events. For the latest information, check trackwork service updates or use the Trip Planner.
Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses will run on all nine routes each day of the Show from the early morning until late at night. Buses drop off and pick up from Olympic Boulevard in Olympic Park.
- To Olympic Park: services start running between 7am and 7:30am, depending on the route, every 15 to 25 minutes and more frequently during peak times. Buses begin arriving into the precinct from around 8:30am until 5:30pm.
- From Olympic Park: services start leaving from Olympic Park at around 12:45pm, with the last bus on each route leaving the precinct at 11pm each night of the Show.
Remember to show your ShowLink ticket to the driver when boarding services. If you're buying your Show entry ticket at the gate, just let the bus driver know when boarding services. Cash tickets are not sold on-board Major Event Buses and services aren't Opal Card enabled.
Major Event Bus Routes:
|Route||To / from SOP|
|1A||Warriewood via Dee Why|
|1B||Warriewood via Mona Vale|
|2||Glebe via Hunters Hill|
Use the Major Event Buses Interactive Map for a map of all routes and stops. Alternatively search your route number in routes and timetables for full timetable details. You can also use the Trip Planner to plan your trip to and from the Show on all the available transport options.
Note: scheduled wheelchair accessible buses will travel on each route, these services are identified in the Trip Planner by the wheelchair icon.
Bus services will run to a regular timetable during the Easter Show and a changed timetable over the Easter Long Weekend.
The following Sydney Buses services run to Olympic Park:
- Route 525 runs between Parramatta and Burwood via Sydney Olympic Park.
- Route 526 runs from the Sydney Olympic Park Ferry Wharf to Olympic Park.
Due to road closures in place in the precinct during the Show buses will divert from their regular routes and terminate early.
The closest wharf to the precinct is Sydney Olympic Park Wharf which is around a 40 minute walk (3.6km). There is a connecting 526 bus to the venue. Sydney Ferries services will run to a regular timetable but are very popular and may reach capacity especially on weekends, public holidays and busy event nights.
Keep this in mind if you’re planning on catching an F3 Parramatta River service. Plan your trip ahead and allow plenty of extra travel time or consider the alternative public transport options available.
Due to low tide some ferry services to and from Parramatta wharf may be replaced by buses. See the low tide replacement bus calendar for affected services.
Light rail services run between Central Station and Dulwich Hill with stops at popular CBD and Inner West destinations.
Services run every 10 to 15 minutes on weekends, and more frequently during weekdays.
Change at Central to connect with express trains running to Olympic Park. Alternatively change at Dulwich Hill or Lewisham stations and catch a train to Lidcombe.
Taxis are available on Herb Elliott Ave near Australia Ave until 5pm and then on Murray Rose Ave (near the Coca-Cola Carnival gate) from 5pm to 11pm.
For details of taxi networks servicing the Sydney area, visit NSW Taxi Council.
Sydney Olympic Park is accessible via the M4 Motorway Hill Rd exit or Homebush Bay Drive Underwood Rd exit.
Heavy traffic is expected on roads approaching Sydney Olympic Park during the Show especially during the Easter Long Weekend. Allow extra travel time on roads including the M4 Mwy, Homebush Bay Dr, Concord Rd, Lane Cove Rd and Epping Rd approaching the precinct. Anyone considering driving to Olympic Park should arrive early and will need to have pre-booked parking.
A distance-based toll applies on the new M4 between Parramatta and Homebush. For details visit westconnex.com.au/newM4.
Parking will be limited in Olympic Park especially during both weekends of the Show and event patrons will need to pre-book parking or consider the public transport options instead. Remember, ShowLink tickets include return travel on public transport as well as your entry to the Show, so leave the car at home and take advantage of the extra trains and buses.
If you have to drive, visit Sydney Olympic Park Prebook to pre-book parking until 23:59 the night before. If you haven't booked, follow the directions given on the variable message signs within Sydney Olympic Park to the best available casual parking but keep in mind these may be full early in the day. For more information visit parking at Sydney Olympic Park.
P6 carpark, located on the corner of Australia Avenue and Murray Rose Avenue will be closed to the general public from Friday 29 March as it will become the carnival site for the Show. The car park will be re-opened on Wednesday 1 May. Alternative car parking can be found at P3 or P4 Car Park on Sarah Durack Avenue.
Sydney Olympic Park authority will close roads within the precinct ahead of the Royal Easter Show start to facilitate pre-event set up. Some roads remain closed until 1 May to allow for event pack down.
Road closures from Friday 29 March to Wednesday 1 May inclusive:
- Australia Ave between Murray Rose Ave and Kevin Coombs Ave
- Olympic Boulevard from Dawn Fraser Ave to Qudos Bank Arena
- Showground Rd between Murray Rose Ave and Grand Parade
- Grand Parade between Australia Ave and Olympic Boulevard
Road closures from Friday 12 April to Tuesday 23 April inclusive:
- Australia Ave between Dawn Fraser Ave to Murray Rose Ave (northbound)
- Murray Rose Ave from Australia Ave to Park St (westbound)
- Kevin Coombs Ave between Pondage Link and Australia Ave
- Marjorie Jackson Parkway between Park St and Showground Rd
- Shirley Strickland Ave between Rod Laver Dr and the P4 Car Park
- Rod Laver Dr between Shirley Strickland Ave (west) and the Bus Tunnel
- Herb Elliot Ave at Olympic Boulevard
- Dawn Fraser Ave from Fig Grove to Showground Rd
- Showground Rd from Dawn Fraser Ave to Murray Rose Ave
All closures are detailed and updated regularly on the Sydney Olympic Park interactive map.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).
There are approximately 400 accessible car spaces at Sydney Olympic Park. Make sure you display a valid accessible permit when parking in an accessible space on the day.