Liverpool FC v Sydney FC
ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
- Gates open
Special event information
Tens of thousands of soccer fans will head to ANZ Stadium at Olympic Park on Wednesday night to see English Premier League superstars Liverpool FC take on current A-League Champions Sydney FC.
Fans are reminded that travel on public transport is included in your match ticket so avoid the delays and make use of the additional express trains and Olympic Park Major Event Buses that will run to and from the Stadium.
Traffic will already be heavy on roads approaching the precinct as commuters head home during the regular evening peak. If you have to drive fans are strongly encouraged to pre-book parking, carpool where possible and allow plenty of additional travel time as delays are expected.
Valid pre-purchased match tickets include travel to and from ANZ Stadium on:
- Train services (bounded by Bomaderry, Goulburn, Bathurst and Dungog stations).
- Regular and Sydney Olympic Park Major Event buses.
- Sydney Ferries services
- Light rail services
Remember to keep your ticket safe for your return journey or you'll need to use public transport, as you must have a valid ticket when travelling on public transport. Your event ticket is valid on public transport until 04:00 the following day.
Note: an additional station access fee applies for travel to or from Domestic and International Airport stations. Your event match does not include the access fee, so if you're travelling from these stations you'll need to pay the train station access fee.
The closest station to ANZ Stadium is Olympic Park. Sydney Trains services will run to a weekday timetable with additional services to help you get to the game and home again.
Plenty of additional services will run to Olympic Park leaving from:
- Express services from Central every 7-8 minutes between 16:27 and 21:00, stopping at Redfern and Strathfield then Olympic Park.
- Blacktown at 18:00, 18:13 and 18:34, stopping at Seven Hills, Westmead, Parramatta, Granville, Lidcombe and Olympic Park.
- Schofields at 17:45 and 18:15, stopping at Seven Hills, Westmead, Parramatta, Granville, Lidcombe and Olympic Park.
- Strathfield at 17:17 and 17:47, stopping at Olympic Park.
- Campbelltown at 18:07; stopping all stations to Granville, Lidcombe then Olympic Park.
- Liverpool at 18:09; stopping all stations to Granville, Lidcombe then Olympic Park.
- Blue Mountains Line services to Central between 17:00 and 20:00 will make an additional stop at Lidcombe.
- Gosford at 17:47 and 17:58, stopping all stations to Woy Woy, Hawkesbury River, Cowan, Berowra, Hornsby, Epping, Eastwood then Olympic Park.
Alternatively, you can catch a train to Lidcombe Station then head to Platform Zero for a direct service to Olympic Park, running every 10 minutes until 21:00.
Additional return services will run after the match to help you get home.
- Express to Central: trains will run every 4 minutes from 21:30 to 00:30, stopping at Strathfield, Redfern then Central.
- Express to Blacktown/Schofields/Penrith: trains will run every 7-8 minutes from 21:30 until 00:30, stopping at Lidcombe, Granville, Parramatta, Westmead, Seven Hills, and all to Schofields/Penrith.
- To Campbelltown: additional services will leave Lidcombe at 22:23, 22:50 and 23:26, stopping all stations via Granville.
- Inner West Line: additional services to the city will leave Lidcombe at 22:40, 23:10 and 23:40, stopping all stations to City Circle.
- Sydenham additional services will leave Lidcombe at 22:44, 22:59 and 23:14, stopping all stations via Bankstown
- To Mortdale: an additional service will leave Bondi Junction at 00:06, stopping all stations to Mortdale.
- To Dapto: an additional service will leave Central at 23:53, stopping Redfern, Sutherland then all stations to Dapto.
- To Kiama: an additional service will leave Central at 00:53, stopping Redfern, Sutherland then all stations to Kiama.
- Blue Mountains Line: all trains leaving Central 22:00 until 24:30 (Lidcombe) will make an additional stop at Lidcombe.
- Central Coast & Newcastle Line: an additional service will leave Central at 23:17, stopping Strathfield (23:32), Eastwood, Epping, Hornsby and then all stations (except Wondabyne) to Hamilton.
- Southern Highlands Line an additional service will leave Campbelltown at 23:50, stopping all stations to Moss Vale.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel to and from events. Check travel alerts or use the Trip Planner
Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses start running between 16:30 and 17:15, depending on the route, and arrive at the precinct from around 18:00 until 19:45.
Return services start running from approximately 22:00 and the last bus on each route leaves Sydney Olympic Park at 22:45.
These bus services can be very popular so have a back-up plan and consider catching a train instead where possible.
Use the Major Event Buses Interactive Map to find your route and stop.
The following Sydney Buses services run to Sydney Olympic Park:
- Route 525 runs between Parramatta and Burwood via Sydney Olympic Park.
- Route 526 runs from the Sydney Olympic Park Ferry Wharf to Olympic Park.
- Route X25 runs regularly to Sydney Olympic Park from Strathfield Station during the afternoon peak period on weekday.
Sydney Ferries are a great way to get around the city but services can be popular and may reach capacity. Check travel alerts or use the Trip Planner. ANZ Stadium is approximately 40 minutes walk (3.6km) from Sydney Olympic Park Wharf. There is a connecting 526 bus to the precinct.
Due to low tide some ferry services to and from Parramatta wharf may be replaced by buses. See the low tide replacement bus calendar for affected services.services.
Light rail services run between Central Station and Dulwich Hill with stops at popular CBD and Inner West destinations. Change at Central for an express train to Olympic Park. For maps and service frequencies see light rail service information.
Traffic will be very heavy on road approaching Olympic Park including the M4, Homebush Bay Drive, Lane Cove Road, Epping Road, Concord Road, Ryde Road, Parramatta Road, and Silverwater Road.
Motorists should allow plenty of extra travel time on their regular commute home as traffic will be heavy in the area.
Sydney Olympic Park Authority may close some local roads to accommodate increased public transport services and ensure pedestrian safety during events. For road closure details, visit Sydney Olympic Park Authority.
Parking will be very limited and is expected to fill quickly. If you have to drive you’ll need to pre-purchase a parking spot to guarantee yourself a space or consider the public transport options.
Visit Sydney Olympic Park Prebook to pre-book your parking ticket and guarantee yourself a space. Note: Pre-book parking is available until 23:59 the night before the event. If you haven’t booked, follow the variable message signs within Sydney Olympic Park to best available casual parking. For more information visit parking at Sydney Olympic Park.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).