Groovin' the Moo Festival 2018
- Gates open
The closest station to Maitland Showground is Maitland on the NSW TrainLink Hunter Line.
Please note that, due to event safety, no trains will stop at High Street Station from 08:00 Saturday 28 until 06:00 Sunday 29 April.
Shuttle services will run from Newcastle Rail Interchange, Hamilton Station and Broadmeadow Station to Maitland Showground - with first services commencing at 08:00. Tickets can be purchased online at gtm.net.au/maitland/travel/bus
To help you get there, special event limited stop services will run from Sydney and the Central Coast to the Hunter region.
Special event trains will run from:
- Central: services towards Newcastle will leave at 07:07, 08:07 and 09:07, stopping at Strathfield, Epping, Hornsby, Woy Woy, Gosford, Tuggerah, Wyong, Wyee, Morisset, Fassifern, Cardiff, Broadmeadow, Hamilton and Newcastle Interchange.
- The 07:17 service from Gosford to Newcastle Interchange will instead run from Central at 06:00.
- Newcastle Interchange: services to Maitland will leave Newcastle every 15 to 30 minutes from 08:18 until 14:38, stopping all stations (except High Street).
Additional services will run back to Newcastle Interchange and Central to help you get home:
- To Central: services leave Newcastle Interchange at 21:14 and 22:30, 23:00 and 00:30 stopping at all stations to Hornsby (except Wondabyne) then Epping, Strathfield and Central.
- The 23:40 service from Newcastle to Gosford will extend to Central, stopping all stations to Hornsby (except Wondabyne)then Epping, Strathfield and Central
Other Sydney Trains and NSW TrainLink services will run to a regular Saturday timetable.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel to and from events. For the latest information, check trackwork service updates or use the Trip Planner.
‘Groovin The Moo’ chartered shuttle buses will operate from local areas to get you to the festival site. You will need to pre-purchase a ticket to use these bus services. For more information on bus routes, times and to book a service visit GTM Maitland Travel - Bus.
Services run between the following locations:
- Sydney and Central Coast to GTM Maitland
Heavy traffic and delays are expected on roads approaching Maitland, including High Street, Cessnock Road and the New England Highway. Festivalgoers are encouraged to catch public transport instead or allow plenty of extra travel time if you have to drive.
Entry to Maitland Park will be via Walker Street at Cessnock Road only and exit will be via Louth Park Road and Trappaud Road.
Limited paid parking is available from 09:00 until 23:30 at Maitland Lions Club on Cultivation Road, East Maitland.
Pick up and drop off zone: due to traffic control restrictions, vehicles will not be permitted to drop off or pick up anywhere within the Maitland Showground area including Les Darcy Drive (New England Highway).
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).