Sutherland2Surf fun run and walk 2018
Flora Street, Sutherland to Don Lucas Reserve, Cronulla
- Run start
Additional event information
Up to 7,000 participants are expected to take part in the fun run and walk from Sutherland to Cronulla via the Kingsway on Sunday morning, July 22.
Traffic will be heavy in the area while closures are in place so participants are encouraged to catch public transport to avoid delays arriving at the start line.
Shuttle buses will run regularly from Cronulla High School between 06:30 and 07:15 to get participants to the start. After the race, shuttle buses will leave from Cronulla High School running back to Sutherland from around 09:30 until 11:00.
The closest train station to the start line is Sutherland on the T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line. The start line on Flora Street is a short 5 minute walk from the station.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so allow plenty of extra travel time and plan ahead. Check travel alerts and trackwork or use the Trip Planner.
A special event shuttle bus will leave regularly from Cronulla High School from 06:30 until 07:15 to get participants to the starting line in Sutherland
Shuttle buses will run after the race from Cronulla High School back to Sutherland from around 09:30 until 11:00.
You will need to purchase a ticket when boarding the bus. One-way single tickets cost $5 per person.
Bus services are running to a regular Sunday timetable and a number of services will be affected during the event. For up to date service disruption information check travel alerts or use the Trip Planner.
- Route 477 services will be diverted from 07:15 to 09:35 along Captain Cook Drive via the Boulevarde and Kiora Road North at Miranda in both directions due to road closures for the event
- Route 961, 962, 967, 975 will be diverted in both directions via President Avenue between 08:30 and 9:10.
- Some early morning services will be cancelled in both directions on Route 969, 971, 977, 978 and 985 between 08:00 and 10:30.
- A number of stops on Taren Point Road and the Kingsway will be closed. A temporary stop will operate on Kiora Road north of the Kingsway.
Transdev NSW also operates buses in the Sutherland Shire. For details visit Transdev NSW South & South Western Sydney Timetables.
Significant road closures will be in place in Sutherland and Cronulla between 5:30 and 10:30.
Roads around the race start area on Flora Street, Sutherland will close from 05:30 and remain closed until 09:15
- The Kingsway eastbound lanes from the Princes Hwy, Gymea to Elouera Rd, Cronulla will be closed between 07:30 and 10:30 and reopen progressively from around 08:50 as the runners move along the course.
- The Kingsway will be closed in both directions between Gymea Bay Rd and the Princes Hwy from 07:50 to 08:50.
- Acacia Rd between the Princes Hwy and President Ave will close between 07:45 and 08:25
Vehicles will be able to cross the Kingsway at designated locations up until roads are closed for the event. The Kingsway will then reopen in stages from 8:50 where motorists can once again cross.
Diversions will be in place for motorists travelling in the area. Motorists travelling north of the Kingsway should use The Boulevarde and Captain Cook Dr and motorists travelling south of the Kingsway should use President Ave.
Special Event Clearways will not be implemented but vehicles parked on the course will not be able to be moved until roads are reopened.
To accommodate the finish line the Greenhills car park in Cronulla will be closed from 14:00 Saturday 22 until midday Sunday 23 July.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).