Golden Rose Day
Rosehill Gardens, Rosehill
- Gates open
- First race
- Last race
Valid pre-purchased tickets to the races during the 2018 Spring Racing in Sydney (8 September to 10 November) include travel to and from Rosehill Gardens Racecourse on:
- Train services (bounded by Bomaderry, Goulburn, Bathurst, Scone and Dungog stations)
- Regular bus services and shuttle buses
- Sydney Ferries services
- Light rail services
Remember to keep your ticket safe for your return journey or you'll need to use your Opal card, as you must have a valid ticket when travelling on public transport. Your race ticket is valid on public transport until 04:00 the following day.
Note: an additional station access fee applies for travel to or from Domestic and International Airport stations. Your event ticket does not include the access fee, so if you're travelling from these stations you'll need to pay the train station access fee.
The closest station to Rosehill Gardens is Rosehill on the T6 Carlingford Line. Rosehill Station is a short walk from the main entrance.
A shuttle train service will run between Clyde and Rosehill every 30 minutes from 09:20 to 19:56.
Trackwork is taking place from 02:00 Saturday 22 September to 02:00 Monday 24 September and may affect your travel to and from Rosehill:
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line and T5 Cumberland Line: Buses replace trains between Leppington and Glenfield.
- T8 Airport & South Line: Buses replace trains between Glenfield and Sydenham.
A free shuttle bus (marked Races) will run from:
- From Parramatta: services leave from Smith Street (across from Arthur Phillip High School) near Parramatta Station to the racecourse via Parramatta Wharf every 30 minutes from 10:00 until 13:30.
- From Strathfield: services leave from Stand A, Everton Road, Strathfield Station approximately every hour from 10:00 until 13:00.
Return services leave from the P3 car park bus stop on James Ruse Drive every 30 minutes from 15:30 to Parramatta and 16:00 to Strathfield until 18:00, or until 30 minutes after the last race.
The closest ferry wharf to the racecourse is Parramatta. You can change for a free shuttle bus marked 'Races' to the racecourse that will run to meet each ferry.
Sydney Ferries services are very popular and may reach capacity, especially on weekends. Keep this in mind if you’re planning on catching an F3 Parramatta River service. Plan your trip ahead and allow plenty of extra travel time or consider the alternative public transport options available.
Due to low tide some ferry services to and from Parramatta wharf may be replaced by buses. Check the low tide ferry bus replacement calendar.
Drop off: taxis enter Rosehill Gardens Racecourse through the Grand Avenue gates but are not permitted to stop on James Ruse Drive or Grand Avenue.
Pick up: taxis are located in Oak Street over the Equine Bridge located at the Might and Power entry.
For details of taxi networks servicing the Sydney area visit NSW Taxi Council.
Limited free parking is available in:
- P4 and P5 car parks located on James Ruse Drive and Prospect Street.
- P6 Infield car park via Gate 2 on Unwin Street.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can check 'accessible services only' in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (check the 'Accessibility' filter).