Big Bash League: Sydney Sixers v Brisbane Heat
Sydney Cricket Ground, Moore Park
- Gates open
More ways to pay
If you have an American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card which displays the contactless payment symbol, or linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and off at Opal card readers on trains, light rail and Sydney Ferries. Keep in mind if you’re travelling by bus you still need to use an Opal card. Standard (peak) Adult Opal fare pricing applies. If you consistently use the same contactless card or linked device to tap on and tap off, you may qualify for Opal daily, weekly and Sunday fare caps but no other Opal benefits apply.
The closest station to the Sydney Cricket Ground is Central. From Central you can change for a shuttle bus service leaving from Eddy Avenue or walk to Moore Park via Foveaux Street or Devonshire Street and the Albert 'Tibby' Cotter Walkway. Use our Moore Park walking route map (pdf 574KB) to help find your way.
Trackwork is taking place between 02:00 Saturday 19 January and 02:00 Monday 21 January and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- City Circle: Trains run in one direction only. You may need to change trains at Central to complete your journey.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: Buses replace the all-stations trains between Strathfield and Central. Leppington trains run to a changed timetable between Leppington and the City via Granville, every 30 minutes. Trains do not stop at Ashfield.
To note: As of Sunday 30 September, the Epping to Chatswood rail line has temporarily closed for upgrades for around 7 months before Sydney Metro Northwest services begin in 2019. The new high-frequency bus service, Station Link, replaces trains between Epping and Chatswood. For more information on Station Link, visit transportnsw.info.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel to and from events. For the latest information, check travel alerts and trackwork or use the Trip Planner.
Express Moore Park shuttle buses will run between Eddy Ave, Central and Driver Ave, Moore Park (Route 1):
- To Driver Ave, Moore Park: From 17:00 until 19:30.
- To Central from Driver Ave: From 21:00 until 23:45.
Additional services are running from Sydney Boys High after the game to help get you home:
- To Coogee Beach (Route 373) at 22:20, 22:40, 22:50 and 23:15
- To Maroubra Junction (Route 394) at 22:25, 22:45 and 22:55
- To Little Bay (Route 394) at 22:35 and 23:30
Alternatively, a number of regular bus services stop along Anzac Parade near the precinct including routes 339, 372, 374, 376, 391, 393 and 395.
Anzac Pde bus stop access changes: If you're catching the bus home from Anzac Parade, from 12 November there are changes to the way you access bus stops as the pedestrian crossing on the Moore Park Busway connecting Anzac Pde with MacArthur Ave is closed. To get to Anzac Pde bus stops for services towards Coogee and Maroubra, use the pathway (Gregory Ave) underneath the Albert 'Tibby' Cotter Walkway to cross the Busway instead and head down the Anzac Pde footpath to the bus stop.
See the Anzac Pde Moore Park busway walking route map (pdf 164KB) for more details.
Parts of Driver Avenue will be closed to traffic before, during and after the match and will reopen once crowds have left the area.
Traffic changes for CBD and South East Light Rail construction may affect how you travel. Plan ahead and allow extra time when travelling in the South East.
Limited parking will be available at:
- The Entertainment Quarter, entry via Lang Road and Errol Flynn Boulevard.
- The MP1 car park entry via Driver Avenue from Moore Park Road (Platinum and Gold Members only).
- EP2 – Kippax Park, entry via northern end of Driver Avenue from Moore Park Road.
- EP3 – Showground Car Park, entry via southern end of Driver Avenue, from Lang Road.
- Sydney Boys High School and Sydney Girls High School entry via Cleveland St - fees apply.
- Note: from 12 November, there are changes to the way you access the school car parks as the pedestrian crossing on the Moore Park Busway connecting Anzac Pde with MacArthur Ave is closed. Pedestrian access to the Sydney Boys & Girls High School car parks is available via the Albert 'Tibby' Cotter walkway bridge or via the pathway (Gregory Ave) underneath the bridge and continuing along the Anzac Pde footpath to cross the road at MacArthur Ave.
Each car park has spaces for Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) Mobility Parking permit holders.
Note: MP1, EP2 and EP3 carparks are cashless. For more information visit Sydney Cricket Ground - Parking.
Special event clearways
Special event clearways will be in place on roads in Moore Park and surrounding areas on Sunday 20 January from 15:00 until midnight.
Clearways are strict no-parking zones, and apply even to local residents or RMS Mobility Scheme Permit holders. Check signs before parking as vehicles left in special event clearways will be towed and a towing fee applies. Visit Live Traffic NSW to see the locations of special event clearways.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).