Golden Slipper Day
Rosehill Gardens, Rosehill
- Gates open
- First race
- Last race
Valid pre-purchased event tickets include travel to and from Rosehill Gardens on the following public transport services:
- Train services (bounded by Bomaderry, Goulburn, Bathurst, Scone and Dungog stations)
- Regular bus services
- Sydney Ferries and Newcastle Ferries
- Sydney and Newcastle Light rail services
Remember to keep your event ticket safe for your return journey or you’ll need to use your Opal card or accepted contactless payment method as you must have a valid ticket when travelling on public transport. Your event ticket is valid on public transport until 04:00 the following day.
Note: an additional station access fee applies for travel to or from Domestic and International Airport stations. Your event ticket does not include the access fee, so if you're travelling from these stations you'll need to pay the train station access fee
The closest station to Rosehill Gardens is Rosehill on the T6 Carlingford Line, which is approximately 3 minutes walk from the main entrance.
Trains will run every 30 minutes between Clyde and Rosehill between 08:30 and 19:30.
Additional services will leave Central at 10:50, 11:31, 11:50 and 12:32, stopping at Redfern, Burwood, Strathfield, Lidcombe, Auburn, Clyde and Rosehill.
Additional services will leave Rosehill at 16:53, 17:53 and 18:11, stopping at Clyde, Auburn, Lidcombe, Strathfield, Burwood, Redfern and Central.
Trackwork is taking place between 02:00 Saturday 23 March until 02:00 Monday 25 March and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- T1 North Shore Line: From 21:30, buses replace trains between Hornsby and North Sydney or Wynyard. Trains start and end at North Sydney. If you are travelling to stations Roseville to Hornsby, please change at Wynyard for a bus. The last train to Central leaves Hornsby at 21:12, North Sydney at 21:49 and arrives Central at 22:02. The last train to Hornsby leaves Central at 21:15, North Sydney at 21:28 and arrives Hornsby at 22:06. Then from 23:30, buses replace trains between Hornsby and Wynyard.
- T1 Northern Line: From 21:25, trains start and end at Central or North Sydney. From 23:30, trains run to a changed timetable between Berowra or Hornsby and Central via Strathfield.
- T1 Western Line: From 21:20, trains start and end at North Sydney. Some trains run around the City Circle. From 23:30, Penrith trains run to a changed timetable between Penrith and the City Circle, from Central first stop Museum.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: Homebush trains run between the City and Homebush, then continue to Olympic Park.
- T7 Olympic Park Line: Trains will not run between Lidcombe and Olympic Park. Change at Strathfield for trains to Olympic Park.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel to and from events. For the latest information, check travel alerts and trackwork or use the Trip Planner.
To note: the Epping to Chatswood rail line has been temporarily closed for upgrades ahead of the Sydney Metro Northwest services begin in May 2019. The high-frequency bus service, Station Link, replaces trains between Epping and Chatswood. For more information on Station Link, visit transportnsw.info.
A free shuttle bus (marked Races) will run from:
- From Parramatta: services leave from Smith Street (across from Arthur Phillip High School) near Parramatta Station to the racecourse via Parramatta Wharf every 30 minutes from 10:00 until 13:30.
- From Strathfield: services leave from Stand A, Everton Road, Strathfield Station hourly from 10:00 until 13:00.
Return services leave from the P3 car park bus stop on James Ruse Drive every 30 minutes from 15:30 to Parramatta and 16:00 to Strathfield until 18:00, or until 30 minutes after the last race.
The closest ferry wharf to the racecourse is Parramatta. You can change for a free shuttle bus marked 'Races' to the racecourse that will run to meet each ferry.
Sydney Ferries services are very popular and may reach capacity, especially on weekends. Keep this in mind if you’re planning on catching an F3 Parramatta River service. Plan your trip ahead and allow plenty of extra travel time or consider the alternative public transport options available.
Due to low tide some ferry services to and from Parramatta wharf may be replaced by buses. Check the low tide ferry bus replacement calendar
Note: From Wednesday 3 October, Rydalmere Wharf will be closed for around 5 months for upgrade works. A temporary bus service, Route 535, will run between Parramatta Wharf and Sydney Olympic Park Wharf via Rydalmere Wharf to connect with F3 Parramatta River ferry services. For more information, visit
Light rail services run between Central Station and Dulwich Hill with stops at popular CBD and Inner West destinations. Change at Central for trains to Rosehill.
Drop off: taxis enter Rosehill Gardens Racecourse through the Grand Avenue gates but are not permitted to stop on James Ruse Drive or Grand Avenue.
Pick up: taxis are located on Oak Street over the Equine Bridge located at the Might and Power entry.
For details of taxi networks servicing the Sydney area visit NSW Taxi Council.
Limited free parking is available in:
- P4 and P5 car parks located on James Ruse Drive and Prospect Street.
- P6 Infield car park via Gate 2 on Unwin Street.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can check 'accessible services only' in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (check the 'Accessibility' filter).