NRL: Knights v Panthers
McDonald Jones Stadium, Broadmeadow
- Gates open
- Preliminary game kick-off
- NRL kick-off
More ways to pay
If you have an American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card which displays the contactless payment symbol, or linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and off at Opal card readers on trains, light rail and Sydney Ferries. Keep in mind if you’re travelling by bus you still need to use an Opal card. Standard (peak) Adult Opal fare pricing applies. If you consistently use the same contactless card or linked device to tap on and tap off, you may qualify for Opal daily, weekly and Sunday fare caps but no other Opal benefits apply.
The closest station to McDonald Jones Stadium is Broadmeadow on the Central Coast & Newcastle Line. The stadium is approximately a 15-20 minute (1.5km) walk from the station.
Trackwork is taking place between 02:00 Saturday 23 March until 02:00 Monday 25 March and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- T1 North Shore Line: From 21:30, buses replace trains between Hornsby and North Sydney or Wynyard. Trains start and end at North Sydney. If you are travelling to stations Roseville to Hornsby, please change at Wynyard for a bus. The last train to Central leaves Hornsby at 21:12, North Sydney at 21:49 and arrives Central at 22:02. The last train to Hornsby leaves Central at 21:15, North Sydney at 21:28 and arrives Hornsby at 22:06. Then from 23:30, buses replace trains between Hornsby and Wynyard.
- T1 Northern Line: From 21:25, trains start and end at Central or North Sydney. From 23:30, trains run to a changed timetable between Berowra or Hornsby and Central via Strathfield.
- T1 Western Line: From 21:20, trains start and end at North Sydney. Some trains run around the City Circle. From 23:30, Penrith trains run to a changed timetable between Penrith and the City Circle, from Central first stop Museum.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: Homebush trains run between the City and Homebush, then continue to Olympic Park.
- T7 Olympic Park Line: Trains will not run between Lidcombe and Olympic Park. Change at Strathfield for trains to Olympic Park.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel to and from events. For train disruption information, check trackwork service updates or use the Trip Planner.
To note: the Epping to Chatswood rail line has been temporarily closed for upgrades ahead of the Sydney Metro Northwest services begin in May 2019. The high-frequency bus service, Station Link, replaces trains between Epping and Chatswood. For more information on Station Link, visit transportnsw.info.
Free event buses will be running to help you get to and from the game. Services will start running to the stadium from around 3:45pm. Return services will run for around an hour after full-time.
The event bus service will run from the following locations approximately every 15 minutes:
- Newcastle CBD: Stops at Queens Wharf, King Street at Bolton Street, Civic Park, NEX, Marketown and Donald Street at Beaumont Street.
- Charlestown/Belmont: Stops at Charlestown Square and Westfield Kotara. Two services will start from Belmont on the Pacific Highway at Macquarie Street, also stopping on Pacific Highway at Groves Road.
- Glendale: Stops at Stockland Glendale, Cardiff Station and Lookout Road at McCaffrey Drive.
- Wallsend: Stops at Wallsend Village, Newcastle Road at Blue Gum Road and Newcastle Road at Dent Street.
- Mayfield: Stops at Wests Mayfield, Mayfield shops, Waratah Station and Waratah Village.
For more information visit Newcastle Transport.
The closest bus stops to the stadium are on Turton Road and Lambton Rd. A number of regular route buses run towards the stadium including Routes 27,13, 23, 25 and 26. Check Newcastle Transport for more bus network information or use the Trip Planner to plan your trip.
Ferries run between Stockton and Queens Wharf approximately every 20 minutes. At Queens Wharf change for a light rail service to Newcastle Interchange to connect with trains to Broadmeadow. Alternatively, from King St near Perkins St you can catch a route 13 bus to Lambton Rd which is a short walk from the stadium.
Newcastle Light Rail is a turn-up-and-go service from 5am to 1am, seven days a week that runs between Newcastle Interchange in Wickham and Pacific Park in Newcastle East, just 200 metres from Newcastle Beach. With six convenient stops it’s easy to get around Newcastle’s city centre and connect with train, bus and ferry services. For more information on the Newcastle Light Rail visit transportnsw.info.
Catch a light rail service to Newcastle Interchange and change for a train to Broadmeadow where the stadium is within walking distance.
Traffic approaching McDonald Jones Stadium is expected to be busy.
Drop off zone: motorists may drop off patrons in the stadium car park in the allocated 10 minute loading zone accessible via either driveway off Turton Road.
The nearest taxi rank to the stadium is located on Young Road, Broadmeadow. Taxis can be accessed after the event by following the signs to Young Road.
Newcastle taxis operates services in the area, visit Newcastle taxis for more information or call 13 CABS (13 2227).
Pre-paid parking - parking on game days and major events is available only for vehicles with a pre-paid parking ticket. Pre paid parking tickets can be purchased via Ticketmaster online, by phone or by visiting Ticketmaster box office at McDonald Jones Stadium. Visit Ticketmaster - McDonald Jones Stadium.
Disabled parking areas have been designated in close proximity to each of McDonald Jones Stadiums accessible entries. To purchase a Mobility parking please phone Ticketmaster on 136 100 or visit the Ticketmaster box office at McDonald Jones Stadium.
Drop off zone: motorists may drop off patrons in the stadium's car park in the allocated 10 minute loading zone accessible via either driveway off Turton Road.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).