Wine Machine Festival
Roche Estate, Pokolbin
- Event start
- Event end
Important event information
The Hunter Valley region will be busy on Saturday 23 March with another concert being held at a nearby venue.
More ways to pay
If you have an American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card which displays the contactless payment symbol, or linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and off at Opal card readers on trains, light rail and Sydney Ferries. Keep in mind if you’re travelling by bus you still need to use an Opal card. Standard (peak) Adult Opal fare pricing applies. If you consistently use the same contactless card or linked device to tap on and tap off, you may qualify for Opal daily, weekly and Sunday fare caps but no other Opal benefits apply.
The closest stations to Roche Estate are Maitland and Singleton which are on the Hunter Line. However, limited public transport is available from these stations to the Hunter Valley.
Alternatively, make your way to Broadmeadow, Central or Gosford Station where return bus services will be running for the event.
Trackwork is taking place between 02:00 Saturday 23 March until 02:00 Monday 25 March and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- T1 North Shore Line: From 21:30, buses replace trains between Hornsby and North Sydney or Wynyard. Trains start and end at North Sydney. If you are travelling to stations Roseville to Hornsby, please change at Wynyard for a bus. The last train to Central leaves Hornsby at 21:12, North Sydney at 21:49 and arrives Central at 22:02. The last train to Hornsby leaves Central at 21:15, North Sydney at 21:28 and arrives Hornsby at 22:06. Then from 23:30, buses replace trains between Hornsby and Wynyard.
- T1 Northern Line: From 21:25, trains start and end at Central or North Sydney. From 23:30, trains run to a changed timetable between Berowra or Hornsby and Central via Strathfield.
- T1 Western Line: From 21:20, trains start and end at North Sydney. Some trains run around the City Circle. From 23:30, Penrith trains run to a changed timetable between Penrith and the City Circle, from Central first stop Museum.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: Homebush trains run between the City and Homebush, then continue to Olympic Park.
- T7 Olympic Park Line: Trains will not run between Lidcombe and Olympic Park. Change at Strathfield for trains to Olympic Park.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel to and from events. For train disruption information, check trackwork service updates or use the Trip Planner.
To note: the Epping to Chatswood rail line has been temporarily closed for upgrades ahead of the Sydney Metro Northwest services begin in May 2019. The high-frequency bus service, Station Link, replaces trains between Epping and Chatswood. For more information on Station Link, visit transportnsw.info.
Event buses will be running for the event from the following locations:
- Broadmeadow Station at 1:30pm
- Central Station at 12pm and 1pm
- Gosford Station at 1:30pm
All buses will return back to the stations at the end of the event at 10pm.
Local bus transfers are also avaliable from locations in Maitiland, Pokolbin, Cessnock, Broke, Lovedale, Rothbury, Singleton, Branxton and Port Stephens.
Note: you will need to pre-book your spot on the event buses. For more information and to book your spot visit Wine Machine Festival.
Limited parking is available at the Roche Estate.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).