NRL: Roosters v Dragons
Sydney Cricket Ground, Moore Park
- Gates open
- Anzac Day Ceremony start
- NRL kick-off
Important event information
Footy fans should allow extra travel time on roads in the area as the annual Anzac Day race day will be taking place at Randwick Racecourse at the same time. As well Anzac Day commemorations will be taking place in the Sydney CBD throughout the day with major road closures and parking restrictions until around 4pm.
Attendees are encouraged to catch public transport to and from the game to avoid delays. If you are planning on driving, allow additional time.
More ways to pay
If you have an American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card which displays the contactless payment symbol, or linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and off at Opal card readers on trains, light rail and Sydney Ferries. Keep in mind if you’re travelling by bus you still need to use an Opal card. Standard (peak) Adult Opal fare pricing applies. If you consistently use the same contactless card or linked device to tap on and tap off, you may qualify for Opal daily, weekly and Sunday fare caps but no other Opal benefits apply.
The closest station to the Sydney Cricket Ground is Central.
From Central you can change for a shuttle bus service leaving from Eddy Avenue or walk to Moore Park via Foveaux Street or Devonshire Street and the Albert 'Tibby' Cotter Walkway. Use our Moore Park walking route map (pdf 574KB) to help find your way.
Weeknight trackwork will be taking place on Thursday 25 April and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- T1 Western Line and T5 Cumberland Line: From 19:50 until 02:00, buses replace trains between Richmond and Blacktown. Buses towards Blacktown depart stations Richmond to Marayong up to 20 minutes earlier than the normal timetable.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so allow plenty of extra travel time and plan ahead. For train service disruption information, check travel alerts or plan your trip using the Trip Planner.
To note: the Epping to Chatswood rail line has been temporarily closed for upgrades ahead of Sydney Metro North West services starting in mid 2019. The high-frequency bus service, Station Link, replaces trains between Epping and Chatswood. For more information on Station Link, visit transportnsw.info.
Express Moore Park shuttle busesRoute 1) will run between Central Station and Moore Park:
- To Moore Park from Eddy Ave at Central: approximately every 10 to 15 minutes from 2pm until 4pm
- From Driver Ave at Moore Park to Central: approximately every 10 to 15 minutes from 5:45pm until 7:05pm
Alternatively, a number of regular bus services stop along Anzac Parade near the precinct including routes 339, 372, 373, 374, 376, 391, 392, 393, 394, 395, 397 and 399.
Additional bus services will be running to help you get home from the game:
- Route 373 - Sydney Boys High to Coogee Beach at 18:32, 18:42 and 18:55
- Route 394 - Sydney Boys High to Maroubra Junction at 18:20 and 18:45
- Route 392 - Sydney Boys High to Little Bay at 18:30 and 18:50
Anzac Pde bus stop access changes: If you're catching the bus home from Anzac Parade, from 12 November there are changes to the way you access bus stops as the pedestrian crossing on the Moore Park Busway connecting Anzac Pde with MacArthur Ave is closed. To get to Anzac Pde bus stops for services towards Coogee and Maroubra, use the pathway (Gregory Ave) underneath the Albert 'Tibby' Cotter Walkway to cross the Busway instead and head down the Anzac Pde footpath to the bus stop.
See the Anzac Pde Moore Park busway walking route map (pdf 164KB) for more details.
Light rail services run between Central Station and Dulwich Hill with stops at popular CBD and Inner West destinations. Change at Central for shuttle buses to Moore Park or consider walking instead.
Roads throughout Sydney CBD will be closed for Anzac Day until around 4pm. If you are planning on driving, allow plenty of additional travel time and be aware of road closures.
Parts of Driver Avenue will be closed to traffic before, during and after the match and will reopen once crowds have left the area.
Traffic changes for CBD and South East Light Rail construction may affect how you travel. Plan ahead and allow extra time when travelling in the South East.
Limited parking will be available at:
- The Entertainment Quarter, entry via Lang Road and Errol Flynn Boulevard.
- Members Parking in EP2 – Gold and Platinum SCG members parking is located in the lower deck of the EP2 Kippax Park car park only due to the closure of the MP1 car park. Space is limited and is available on a first come first serve basis. Members will need to display their membership card to receive the members rate.
- EP2 – Kippax Park, entry via northern end of Driver Avenue from Moore Park Road.
- EP3 – Showground Car Park, entry via southern end of Driver Avenue, from Lang Road.
- Sydney Boys High School and Sydney Girls High School entry via Cleveland St - fees apply.
- Note: Pedestrian access to the Sydney Boys & Girls High School car parks is available via the Albert 'Tibby' Cotter walkway bridge or via the pathway (Gregory Ave) underneath the bridge and continuing along the Anzac Pde footpath to cross the road at MacArthur Ave.
Each car park has spaces for Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) Mobility Parking permit holders.
Note: EP2 and EP3 carparks are cashless. For more information visit Sydney Cricket Ground - Parking.
Special event clearways
Special event clearways will be in place on roads in Moore Park and surrounding areas on Thursday 25 April from 1pm to 8pm.
Clearways are strict no-parking zones, and apply even to local residents or RMS Mobility Scheme Permit holders. Check signs before parking as vehicles left in special event clearways will be towed and a towing fee applies. Visit Live Traffic NSW to see the locations of special event clearways.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).