Super Rugby: NSW Waratahs v Melbourne Rebels
Sydney Cricket Ground, Moore Park
- Gates open
- Match start
Valid pre-purchased match tickets include travel to and from Sydney Cricket Ground in Moore Park on the following public transport services:
- Train services (bounded by Bomaderry, Goulburn, Bathurst, Scone and Dungog stations)
- Regular bus services
- Moore Park shuttle buses to and from Central Station
- Sydney and Newcastle Ferries
- Sydney and Newcastle Light rail services
Remember to keep your event ticket safe for your return journey or you’ll need to use your Opal card or accepted contactless payment method as you must have a valid ticket when travelling on public transport. Your event ticket is valid on public transport until 04:00 the following day.
Note: an additional station access fee applies for travel to or from Domestic and International Airport stations. Your event ticket does not include the access fee, so if you're travelling from these stations you'll need to pay the train station access fee.
The closest station to the Sydney Cricket Ground is Central.
From Central you can change for a shuttle bus service leaving from Eddy Avenue or walk to Moore Park via Foveaux Street or Devonshire Street and the Albert 'Tibby' Cotter Walkway. Use our Moore Park walking route map (pdf 574KB) to help find your way.
Trackwork is taking place from 02:00 Friday 19 April until 02:00 Tuesday 23 April and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- T1 Western Line and T5 Cumberland Line: Buses will replace trains between Richmond and Schofields. T1 Western Line Trains run to a changed timetable between Schofields and Olympic Park.
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line and South Coast Line: Buses will replace trains between Bondi Junction and Central. T4 Illawarra Line trains start and end at North Sydney. South Coast Line trains run between South Coast Stations and the City Circle, from Central fist stop Town Hall.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so allow extra travel time and plan ahead. For train service disruption information, check travel alerts and trackwork or plan your trip using the Trip Planner.
To note: the Epping to Chatswood rail line has been temporarily closed for upgrades ahead of Sydney Metro North West services starting in mid 2019. The high-frequency bus service, Station Link, replaces trains between Epping and Chatswood. For more information on Station Link, visit transportnsw.info.
Express Moore Park shuttle buses will run between Eddy Ave, Central and Driver Ave, Moore Park (Route 1):
- To Driver Ave, Moore Park: From 18:00 until 19:40.
- To Central from Driver Ave: From 21:00 until 22:30.
Alternatively, a number of regular bus services stop along Anzac Parade near the precinct including routes 339, 372, 373, 374, 376, 391, 392, 393, 394, 395, 397 and 399.
Additional bus services will also be running to help you travel from the game:
- Route 373 - Sydney Boys High to Coogee Beach at 21:45 and 22:05
- Route 394 - Sydney Boys High to Maroubra Junction at 21:55
- Route 394 - Sydney Boys High to Little Bay at 22:30
- Route 392 - Sydney Boys High to Little Bay at 22:15
Anzac Pde bus stop access changes: If you're catching the bus from Anzac Parade for services towards Coogee and Maroubra, use the pathway (Gregory Ave) underneath the Albert 'Tibby' Cotter Walkway to cross the Busway instead and head down the Anzac Pde footpath to the bus stop. See the Anzac Pde Moore Park busway walking route map (pdf 164KB) for more details.
Light rail services run between Central Station and Dulwich Hill with stops at popular CBD and Inner West destinations. Change at Central for shuttle buses to Moore Park.
Parts of Driver Avenue will be closed to traffic before, during and after the match and will reopen once crowds have left the area.
Traffic changes for CBD and South East Light Rail construction may affect how you travel. Plan ahead and allow extra time when travelling in the South East.
Limited parking will be available at:
- The Entertainment Quarter, entry via Lang Road and Errol Flynn Boulevard.
- Members Parking in EP2 – Gold and Platinum SCG members parking is located in the lower deck of the EP2 Kippax Park car park only due to the closure of the MP1 car park. Space is limited and is available on a first come first serve basis. Members will need to display their membership card to receive the members rate.
- EP2 – Kippax Park, entry via northern end of Driver Avenue from Moore Park Road.
- EP3 – Showground Car Park, entry via southern end of Driver Avenue, from Lang Road.
- Sydney Boys High School and Sydney Girls High School entry via Cleveland St - fees apply.
- Note: Pedestrian access to the Sydney Boys & Girls High School car parks is available via the Albert 'Tibby' Cotter walkway bridge or via the pathway (Gregory Ave) underneath the bridge and continuing along the Anzac Pde footpath to cross the road at MacArthur Ave.
Each car park has spaces for Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) Mobility Parking permit holders.
Note: EP2 and EP3 carparks are cashless. For more information visit Sydney Cricket Ground - Parking.
Special event clearways
Special event clearways will be in place on roads in Moore Park and surrounding areas from 3pm until 11pm on Saturday 20 April.
Clearways are strict no-parking zones, and apply even to local residents or RMS Mobility Scheme Permit holders. Check signs before parking as vehicles left in special event clearways will be towed and a towing fee applies. Visit Live Traffic NSW to see the locations of special event clearways.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).