Rosehill Gardens Race Day
Rosehill Gardens, Rosehill
- Gates open
- First race
- Last race
More ways to pay
If you have an American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card which displays the contactless payment symbol, or linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and off at Opal card readers on trains, light rail and Sydney Ferries. Keep in mind if you’re travelling by bus you still need to use an Opal card. Standard (peak) Adult Opal fare pricing applies. If you consistently use the same contactless card or linked device to tap on and tap off, you may qualify for Opal daily, weekly and Sunday fare caps but no other Opal benefits apply.
Sydney Metro services are high-frequency, driverless trains running between Tallawong Station and Chatswood Station.
Metro services start running from the early morning until late. Change at Epping for trains towards Rosehill.
Last services from Chatswood to Tallawong leave at 12.45am on Thursday nights and at 1.45am on Friday and Saturday nights.
You can use your Opal card or accepted contactless payment method on Sydney Metro services.
The closest station to Rosehill Gardens is Rosehill on the T6 Carlingford Line. Rosehill Station is around 3 minutes walk from the main entrance.
Trains will run every 30 minutes between Clyde and Rosehill from 09:27 until 19:56.
Trackwork is taking place from 02:00 Saturday 29 June and 02:00 Monday 1 July and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- T3 Bankstown Line: From 22:00 Saturday until 10:00 Sunday, trains run between Liverpool, Lidcombe and Sydenham only. Buses replace all trains between Sydenham and Central.
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line: Buses replace trains between Cronulla, Waterfall and Central. Trains run to a changed timetable between Bondi Junction and Central.
- South Coast Line: Buses replace trains between Dapto and Central, and between Port Kembla and Wollongong. Trains run to a changed timetable between Bomaderry and Kiama, and between Kiama and Dapto.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so allow extra travel time and plan ahead. For train service disruption information, check travel alerts and trackwork or plan your trip using the Trip Planner.
A free shuttle bus (marked Races) will run from:
- From Parramatta: services leave from Smith Street (across from Arthur Phillip High School) near Parramatta Station to the racecourse via Parramatta Wharf every 30 minutes from 10am until 1:30pm.
- From Strathfield: services leave from Stand A, Everton Road, Strathfield Station hourly from 10am until 1pm.
Return services leave from the P3 car park bus stop on James Ruse Drive every 30 minutes from 3:30pm to Parramatta and 4pm to Strathfield until 6pm or until 30 minutes after the last race.
Parramatta Wharf is closed for upgrades from Tuesday 30 April for about six months, weather and conditions permitting.
Sydney Ferries services are very popular and may reach capacity, especially on weekends. Keep this in mind if you’re planning on catching an F3 Parramatta River service. Plan your trip ahead and allow plenty of extra travel time or consider the alternative public transport options available.
Due to low tide some ferry services to and from Parramatta wharf may be replaced by buses. Check the low tide ferry bus replacement calendar
Drop off: taxis enter Rosehill Gardens Racecourse through the Grand Avenue gates but are not permitted to stop on James Ruse Drive or Grand Avenue.
Pick up: taxis are located on Oak Street over the Equine Bridge located at the Might and Power entry.
For details of taxi networks servicing the Sydney area visit NSW Taxi Council.
Limited free parking is available in:
- P4 and P5 car parks located on James Ruse Drive and Prospect Street.
- P6 Infield car park via Gate 2 on Unwin Street.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can check 'accessible services only' in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (check the 'Accessibility' filter).