Rosehill Gardens Race Day
Rosehill Gardens, Rosehill
- Gates open
- First race
- Last race
More ways to pay
If you have an American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card which displays the contactless payment symbol, or linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and off at Opal card readers on trains, light rail and Sydney Ferries. Keep in mind if you’re travelling by bus you still need to use an Opal card. Standard (peak) Adult Opal fare pricing applies. If you consistently use the same contactless card or linked device to tap on and tap off, you may qualify for Opal daily, weekly and Sunday fare caps but no other Opal benefits apply.
Sydney Metro services are high-frequency, driverless trains running between Tallawong Station and Chatswood Station.
Metro services start running from the early morning until late. Change at Epping for trains towards Rosehill.
Last services from Chatswood to Tallawong leave at 12.45am on Thursday nights and at 1.45am on Friday and Saturday nights.
You can use your Opal card or accepted contactless payment method on Sydney Metro services.
The closest station to Rosehill Gardens is Rosehill on the T6 Carlingford Line. Rosehill Station is around 3 minutes walk from the main entrance.
Trains will run every 30 minutes between Clyde and Rosehill from 9:30am until 7:50pm.
Trackwork is taking place from 02:00 Saturday 27 July until 02:00 Monday 29 July and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- City Circle: Trains run in one direction only, from Central first stop Town Hall. Buses replace trains from Circular Quay to Wynyard and Town Hall, in that direction only.
- T1 North Shore Line: Trains run between Berowra and Wynyard only, and between Lindfield and North Sydney only. Trains from Wynyard run around the City Circle in one direction only, from Wynyard, first stop Circular Quay.
- T1 Western Line: Penrith trains run between Penrith and Central only. Richmond trains run between Richmond and Olympic Park only.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: Buses replace trains between Ashfield and Central. Homebush trains will not run. Leppington trains run to a changed timetable between Leppington and Ashfield only.
- T8 Airport & South Line: Trains run to a changed timetable and stopping pattern. Revesby trains run between Revesby and Central via the Airport. Macarthur trains towards the City run via Sydenham. Trains from the City Circle run to Macarthur via the Airport.
- T9 Northern Line: Trains run between Hornsby and Central only.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so allow extra travel time and plan ahead. For train service disruption information, check travel alerts and trackwork or plan your trip using the Trip Planner.
A free shuttle bus (marked Races) will run from:
- From Parramatta: services leave from Smith Street (across from Arthur Phillip High School) near Parramatta Station to the racecourse via Parramatta Wharf every 30 minutes from 10:00 until 13:30.
- From Strathfield: services leave from Stand A, Everton Road, Strathfield Station hourly from 10:00 until 13:00.
Return services leave from the P3 car park bus stop on James Ruse Drive every 30 minutes from 3:30pm to Parramatta and 4pm to Strathfield until 18:00.
Parramatta Wharf is closed for upgrades from Tuesday 30 April for about six months, weather and conditions permitting.
Sydney Ferries services are very popular and may reach capacity, especially on weekends. Keep this in mind if you’re planning on catching an F3 Parramatta River service. Plan your trip ahead and allow plenty of extra travel time or consider the alternative public transport options available.
Due to low tide some ferry services to and from Parramatta wharf may be replaced by buses. Check the low tide ferry bus replacement calendar
Light rail services run between Central Station and Dulwich Hill with stops at popular CBD and Inner West destinations. Change at Central to connect with trains towards Olympic Park.
The widened M4 between Parramatta and Homebush and the new M4 Tunnels between Homebush and Haberfield allows motorists to bypass more than 50 sets of traffic lights on Parramatta Road. A distance-based toll applies. For details on the M4 upgrades, visit westconnex.com.au.
Drop off: taxis enter Rosehill Gardens Racecourse through the Grand Avenue gates but are not permitted to stop on James Ruse Drive or Grand Avenue.
Pick up: taxis are located on Oak Street over the Equine Bridge located at the Might and Power entry.
For details of taxi networks servicing the Sydney area visit NSW Taxi Council.
Limited free parking is available in:
- P4 and P5 car parks located on James Ruse Drive and Prospect Street.
- P6 Infield car park via Gate 2 on Unwin Street.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can check 'accessible services only' in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (check the 'Accessibility' filter).