AFL: Sydney Swans v St Kilda Saints
Sydney Cricket Ground, Moore Park
- Gates open
- First bounce
More ways to pay
If you have a contactless-enabled debit or credit card or a linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and tapping off at Opal card readers. Available on metro, train, light rail and ferry services, and coming soon to bus services, contactless payments are another way to pay on the Opal network. Adult Opal fare pricing applies and you will receive Opal benefits, including daily and weekly fare caps.
Sydney Metro services are high-frequency, driverless trains running between Tallawong Station and Chatswood Station.
Metro services start running from the early morning. Change at Epping or Chatswood to connect with train services towards Central.
Last services from Chatswood to Tallawong leave at 12.45am on Thursday nights and at 1.45am on Friday and Saturday nights.
You can use your Opal card or accepted contactless payment method on Sydney Metro services.
The closest station to the Sydney Cricket Ground is Central. Change at Central for a Moore Park shuttle bus or you can also walk to Moore Park via Foveaux Street or Devonshire Street and the Albert 'Tibby' Cotter Walkway. See our Moore Park walking route map (pdf 400KB) to help find your way.
Trackwork is taking place from 02:00 Saturday 24 August until 02:00 Monday 26 August and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- City Circle Line: Trains run in one direction only, from Central first stop Museum. Buses replace trains from Town Hall to Wynyard and Circular Quay, in that direction only.
- T1 Western Line: Buses replace trains between St Marys and Granville and between Richmond and Granville. From 23:30 Saturday until 06:30 Sunday, buses also replace trains between Parramatta, Granville and Strathfield.
- T1 North Shore Line: Trains run between Berowra and Wynyard only.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: Trains run to a changed timetable and stopping pattern. From 23:30 Saturday until 06:30, some trains run between Leppington and Lidcombe, then Olympic Park and between Ashfield and the City.
- T3 Bankstown Line: Trains run between Liverpool or Lidcombe and Sydenham only, some to a changed timetable.
- T5 Cumberland Line: Buses replace trains between Richmond and Granville.
- T6 Carlingford Line: Buses replace trains between Carlingford and Clyde.
- T8 Airport & South Line: Trains run from Macarthur or Revesby to the City via the Airport, in that direction only. Trains from the City to Revesby or Macarthur run via Sydenham. Buses replace trains in one direction only from Central to Green Square and Mascot, and from Green Square to Wolli Creek, continuing to Sydenham.
- T9 Northern Line: Trains run to a changed timetable between Hornsby and Central.
- Blue Mountains Line: Buses replace trains between Penrith and Central. Trains between Bathurst and Central run to a changed timetable.
- Central Coast & Newcastle Line: Trains may run to a changed timetable due to trackwork between Strathfield and Central.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so allow extra travel time and plan ahead. For the latest information, check travel alerts and trackwork or use the Trip Planner.
Express Moore Park shuttle buses will run between Central Station, Circular Quay and Moore Park.
Route 1 Central – Moore Park
- From Eddy Ave at Central to Moore Park: approximately every 10 to 15 minutes from 11:15am until 1:45pm.
- From Moore Park Bus Interchange Stands A + B to Central: approximately every 10 to 15 minutes from 3:45pm until 5:25pm.
Route 3 Circular Quay - Moore Park
- From Young St at Circular Quay to Moore Park: approximately every 10 to 15 minutes from 11:15am until 1:45pm.
- From Moore Park Bus Interchange Stand C to Circular Quay: approximately every 10 to 15 minutes from 3:45pm until 5:25pm.
Alternatively, a number of regular bus services stop along Anzac Parade near the precinct including routes 339, 372, 373, 374, 376, 391, 392, 393, 394, 395, 397 and 399.
Additional services will be running to help you get home:
Route 373 - Sydney Boys High to Coogee Beach at 16:34 and 16:40.
Route 394 - Sydney Boys High to Maroubra Junction at 16:40 and 16:55.
Anzac Pde bus stop access changes: To get to Anzac Pde bus stops for services towards Coogee and Maroubra, use the pathway (Gregory Ave) underneath the Albert 'Tibby' Cotter Walkway to cross the Busway instead and head down the Anzac Pde footpath to the bus stop. See the Anzac Pde Moore Park busway walking route map (pdf 164KB) for more details.
Light rail services run between Central Station and Dulwich Hill with stops at popular CBD and Inner West destinations. Change at Central for shuttle buses to Moore Park or consider walking instead.
Parts of Driver Avenue will be closed to traffic before, during and after the match and will reopen once crowds have left the area.
Traffic changes for CBD and South East Light Rail construction may affect how you travel. Plan ahead and allow extra time when travelling in the South East.
Parking & clearways
Limited parking will be available at:
- The Entertainment Quarter, entry via Lang Road and Errol Flynn Boulevard.
- Members Parking in EP2 – Gold and Platinum SCG members parking is located in the lower deck of the EP2 Kippax Park car park only due to the closure of the MP1 car park. Space is limited and is available on a first come first serve basis. Members will need to display their membership card to receive the members rate.
- EP2 – Kippax Park, entry via northern end of Driver Avenue from Moore Park Road.
- EP3 – Showground Car Park, entry via southern end of Driver Avenue, from Lang Road.
- Sydney Boys High School and Sydney Girls High School entry via Cleveland St - fees apply.
Note: Pedestrian access to the Sydney Boys & Girls High School car parks is available via the Albert 'Tibby' Cotter walkway bridge or via the pathway (Gregory Ave) underneath the bridge and continuing along the Anzac Pde footpath to cross the road at MacArthur Ave.
Each car park has spaces for Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) Mobility Parking permit holders.
Note: EP2 and EP3 carparks are cashless. For more information visit Sydney Cricket Ground - Parking.
Special event clearways
Special event clearways will be in place on roads in Moore Park and surrounding areas on Saturday 24 August from 11am until 6pm.
Clearways are strict no-parking zones, and apply even to local residents or RMS Mobility Scheme Permit holders. Check signs before parking as vehicles left in special event clearways will be towed and a towing fee applies. Visit Live Traffic NSW to see the locations of special event clearways.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).