NRL: Knights v Titans
McDonald Jones Stadium, Broadmeadow
- Gates open
- Preliminary game 1 kick-off
- NRL kick-off
More ways to pay
If you have a contactless-enabled debit or credit card or a linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and tapping off at Opal card readers. Available on metro, train, light rail and ferry services, and coming soon to bus services, contactless payments are another way to pay on the Opal network. Adult Opal fare pricing applies and you will receive Opal benefits, including daily and weekly fare caps.
Sydney Metro services are high-frequency, driverless trains running between Tallawong Station and Chatswood Station.
Metro services start running from the early morning. Change at Chatswood or Epping to connect with train services towards Newcastle.
You can use your Opal card or accepted contactless payment method on Sydney Metro services.
The closest station to McDonald Jones Stadium is Broadmeadow on the Central Coast & Newcastle Line. The stadium is approximately a 15-20 minute (1.5km) walk from the station.
Trackwork is taking place from 02:00 Saturday 31 August until 02:00 Monday 1 September and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- T1 Western Line: Some trains run to a changed timetable and stopping pattern.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line and T5 Cumberland Line: Buses replace trains between Leppington and Liverpool.
- T3 Bankstown Line: Some trains may run to a changed timetable.
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line and South Coast Line: Buses replace trains between Central and Bondi Junction.
- T8 Airport & South Line: Buses replace trains between Macarthur and East Hills.
- Southern Highlands Line: Buses replace trains between Goulburn, Moss Vale and Campbelltown.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so allow extra travel time and plan ahead. For train service disruption information, check travel alerts and trackwork or plan your trip using the Trip Planner.
Free event buses will be running to help you get to and from the game. Services will start running to the stadium from around 1pm. Return services will run for around an hour after full-time.
The event bus service will run from the following locations approximately every 15 minutes:
- Newcastle CBD: Stops at Queens Wharf, King Street at Bolton Street, Civic Park, NEX, Marketown and Donald Street at Beaumont Street.
- Charlestown/Belmont: Stops at Charlestown Square and Westfield Kotara. Two services will start from Belmont on the Pacific Highway at Macquarie Street, also stopping on Pacific Highway at Groves Road.
- Glendale: Stops at Stockland Glendale, Cardiff Station and Lookout Road at McCaffrey Drive.
- Wallsend: Stops at Wallsend Village, Newcastle Road at Blue Gum Road and Newcastle Road at Dent Street.
- Mayfield: Stops at Wests Mayfield, Mayfield shops, Waratah Station and Waratah Village.
For more information visit Newcastle Transport.
Regular Bus routes
The closest bus stops to the stadium are on Turton Rd and Lambton Rd.
A number of buses run towards the stadium including Routes 27,13, 23, 25 and 26. Check Newcastle Transport for more bus network information.
Ferries run between Stockton and Queens Wharf approximately every 20 minutes. At Queens Wharf change for a light rail service to Newcastle Interchange to connect with trains to Broadmeadow. Alternatively, from King St near Perkins St you can catch a route 13 bus to Lambton Rd which is a short walk from the stadium.
Newcastle Light Rail is a turn-up-and-go service from 5am to 1am, seven days a week that runs between Newcastle Interchange in Wickham and Pacific Park in Newcastle East, just 200 metres from Newcastle Beach. With six convenient stops it’s easy to get around Newcastle’s city centre and connect with train, bus and ferry services. For more information on the Newcastle Light Rail visit transportnsw.info.
Catch a light rail service to Newcastle Interchange and change for a train to Broadmeadow where the stadium is within walking distance.
The nearest taxi rank to the stadium is located on Young Road, Broadmeadow. Taxis can be accessed after the event by following the signs to Young Road.
Newcastle taxis operates services in the area, visit Newcastle taxis for more information or call 13 CABS (13 2227).
Pre-paid parking - parking on game days and major events is available only for vehicles with a pre-paid parking ticket. Pre paid parking tickets can be purchased via Ticketmaster online, by phone or by visiting Ticketmaster box office at McDonald Jones Stadium. Visit Ticketmaster - McDonald Jones Stadium.
Disabled parking areas have been designated in close proximity to each of McDonald Jones Stadiums accessible entries. To purchase a Mobility parking please phone Ticketmaster on 136 100 or visit the Ticketmaster box office at McDonald Jones Stadium.
Drop off zone: motorists may drop off patrons in the stadium's car park in the allocated 10 minute loading zone accessible via either driveway off Turton Road.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).