B-Line and northern beaches bus changes
From 26 November, travelling on Sydney’s northern beaches and lower north shore will change with the introduction of a new bus network, including the new B-Line bus service.
The new fleet of B-Line double-decker buses will run from Mona Vale to the city, providing frequent and reliable bus services between the northern beaches and the city via the lower north shore.
Bus network changes
The existing local bus network on the northern beaches will change. New timetables and routes will improve services and provide connectivity better bus connections.
From 26 November:
- B-Line bus service will begin running between Mona Vale and Wynyard
- 4 new routes will be introduced:
- Route 146 Wheeler Heights to Manly
- Route E54 Mona Vale to Milsons Point (express)
- Route E75 Warringah Mall (Pittwater Road) to City (express)
- Route 199 Palm Beach to Manly
- 21 routes will change: 135, 145, E50, 155, 156, L60 (E60), 168, E68, E69, E70, E71, L80 (E80), 182, E83, 185, E85, E88, E89, L90, 247 and M30
- 39 routes will remain unchanged
- 23 routes will be discontinued with alternative services available
The new bus network will provide more than 3,200 additional weekly bus services, including over 2,000 weekly B-Line services.
As part of these improvements, new road infrastructure is being delivered throughout 2018 to help local traffic flow more easily and make bus services more reliable. Also in 2018, B-Line will extend to Newport.