Opal fare increase from 2 July
As of 2 July, Opal fares will increase by 2.2 per cent, in line with the consumer price index (CPI).
The Senior/Pensioner Gold Opal won’t change and will remain at $2.50 for all day travel any day of the week.
The fare adjustments will also impact daily and weekly caps.
Daily and Weekly Travel caps from 2 July
|Weekday and Saturday current||$15.40||$7.70||$7.70|
|Weekday and Saturday new||$15.80||$7.90||$7.90|
What Opal benefits stay the same?
- $2 discount for Adult Opal card holders for every transfer between modes (train, ferry, bus or light rail) as part of one journey ($1 for Child/ Youth and Concession card holders).
- $2.50 unlimited all day travel within the Opal network for Gold Senior/Pensioner Opal card holders.
- Half price travel after eight paid journeys in a week.
- 30 per cent discount on train fares outside peak times.
- Fares capped daily, weekly and on Sundays.
- The option of auto top-up, so you're always ready to travel.
Find out more about Opal benefits.