Opal Travel App - how to enable notifications
The latest version of the Opal Travel app introduces personalised alerts which will notify you of disruptions that may affect your trip.
If you use an iPhone, you must enable push notifications. Follow these instructions to turn on push notifications on version 3.0.0 or higher of the Opal Travel app on iOS/iPhone.
1. Install or upgrade the Opal Travel app
2. Open the app
3. Tap on Allow when it requests permission to send notifications
4. When on the app home screen, tap on Trip Planner
5. Enter the From and To locations and that you would like to be notified about, such as your regular commute from home to work
6. From the results, tap on whichever 'Trip options' you want to be notified about
7. Within this trip, click on the bell icon in the top right of screen to subscribe to any future notifications affecting this trip
7. Set the particular days and time periods when you want to be notified of any alerts affecting this service and tap Subscribe
NOTE: If during Step 3 you clicked on Don't Allow, then you may see the Server Error message. Please see the next section on troubleshooting for steps on how to resolve this.
If you see the Server Error message, then you may have denied the push notifications request on your device after the app was installed or upgraded.
You will need to enable push notifications for the Opal Travel app to resolve this issue.
To do this:
1. Exit the app
2. Go to the settings menu, then find the Opal Travel app from within the settings, the setting for Notifications will be set as Off
3. Tap on this setting to change from Off to Allow Notifications
4. Next force close the app by double tapping the home button, then swiping up on the Opal Travel app to close it
5. Re-open the Opal Travel app
6. Follow the steps in the setup instructions and you should now be able to subscribe to trip alert notifications