Snowy Mountains bus trial
COVID-19 Update – Bus service paused
Transport for NSW regrets to advise that due to the evolving COVID-19 outbreak, and in response to stay-at-home orders introduced across all of NSW, we have paused the Snowy Mountains bus service trial. The alpine snow resorts are also currently closed as a result of these restrictions.
All customers with an existing booking on the Snowy Mountains bus service will be contacted about their booking and are entitled to a full refund on their ticket price. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Transport for NSW will continue to monitor the evolving situation and attempt to reinstate the bus service if possible in the current alpine season, and investigate future opportunities to trial this service again.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Let public transport take you to the slopes this season
The new return bus service is the most affordable and stress-free way to get from Jindabyne to Perisher or Thredbo safely and reliably this ski season.
The service is being trialled for the first time in 2021 and is the only public transport option providing connections to Perisher and Thredbo.
- Avoid the stress of drivng in poor weather conditions, heavy traffic, fitting snow chains or navigating icy roads
- Don't risk being turned away when car parks fill up
- Sit back and relax on your way back to Jindy
Purchase online only.
Includes entry into Kosciuszko National Park
Purchase online or on board the bus using a credit or debit card, or linked device*
*American Express, MasterCard or Visa only. Cash not accepted.
- Valid for travel from 6 August to 19 September 2021 inclusive
- Available to adult, child/student and half fare concession holders
- Can be used in conjunction with the ‘Infant Fare’
- Cannot be used in conjunction with the ‘Family Fare’
- Cannot be used in conjunction with the Child $1.00 fare
- Not eligible for the 10% online booking discount
- Tickets can be refunded or exchanged. Applicable cancellation/rebooking fees apply
- Not available to Discovery Travel Pass holders
- Pensioner Travel Vouchers (PTV) cannot be used to travel on these services
- Country Pensioner Excursion (CPE) fares do not apply
- Employee passes cannot be used to travel on these services
Regular services throughout the day
During peak times, service run approximately every 20 minutes to or from the slopes.
- Bus service run on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Peak morning serices to Perisher and Thredbo run between 6.10am - 10am and off-peak services run between 10.50am - 5.30pm.
- Pre-book your seat online or turn up and go*.
*subject to seat availability
Room for your gear
- Skis or a board, boots, and a day backpack are welcome on board most services
- Baggage is limited to 1 piece of luggage not exceeding 20kg per person and 1 piece of hand luggage not exceeding 5kg
- If travelling with heavy baggage, you are encouraged to use off-peak services
|Reedys Cutting Road||48 Gippsland Street, Jindabyne||25 Banjo Patterson Crescent, Jindabyne||Snowy Regional Visitor Centre, Jindabyne||Perisher Valley - Skitube Terminal|
|Perisher Valley - Skitube Terminal||Reedys Cutting Road, Jindabyne||48 Gippsland Street, Jindabyne||25 Banjo Patterson Crescent, Jindabyne||Snowy Regional Visitor Centre, Jindabyne|
|Reedys Cutting Road, Jindabyne||48 Gippsland Street, Jindabyne||25 Banjo Patterson Crescent, Jindabyne||Snowy Regional Visitor Centre, Jindabyne||Friday Flat Coach Carpark, Thredbo|
|Friday Flat Coach Carpark, Thredbo||Reedys Cutting Road, Jindabyne||48 Gippsland Street, Jindabyne||25 Banjo Patterson Crescent, Jindabyne||Snowy Regional Visitor Centre, Jindabyne|