Park&Ride Prebooked commuter parking
Guarantee a parking spot when you catch public transport
We're trialling Park&Ride Prebooked at select car parks from February 2021, allowing you to reserve a parking spot by booking ahead of time before catching public transport.
Park&Ride Prebooked provides up to 18 hours parking for as little as $10*. All you have to do is use the Park&Ride Prebooked app to book your spot, and then complete a valid public transport trip.
The first Park&Ride Prebooked car park is now available at Ashfield.
How to get started and book your spot
- Download the Park&Ride Prebooked application for free from the App Store and Google Play.
- Open the Park&Ride Prebooked app.
- Set up your account details including your license plate registration, which we'll use to recognise your vehicle at the entry.
- Book your spot. Your booking is valid for up to 18 hours.
- And you're ready to go!
Using Park&Ride Prebooked car parks
- Prebook and pay for your spot using the Park&Ride Prebooked app.
- Arrive at the Park&Ride car park within 30mins of your requested entry time and follow the signs to the dedicated Park&Ride Prebooked car park area.
- At the Prebooked area entry gate, we’ll use license plate recognition to identify your car and the boom gate will open to let you enter.
- Park in any available parking spot within the Prebooked parking area.
- Take a valid public transport trip by tapping on and off using an accepted Opal card, or a credit/debit card or Opal card linked with a Transport Connect account.
- When it's time to leave, drive to the exit and tap your Opal card (if not linked to a Transport Connect account) at the gate to verify your public transport trip. If you have linked your credit/debit card or Opal card with a Transport Connect account, there's no need to tap out when you leave the car park.
- If you have taken a valid public transport trip, the boom gate will open and you can proceed to the exit of the car park.
- Additional fees will be payable at the exit gate if you have not taken a valid public transport trip or you stay longer than 18 hours.
- Opal single trip tickets, School Opal cards and contactless-enabled cards and devices (e.g. credit cards, debit cards, Apple Pay) are not accepted at Transport Park&Ride Prebooked car parks.
- Where your most recent Opal card transaction has been for travel on the Manly Ferry, your trip will not be recognised at Transport Park&Ride Prebooked car parks and you will need to pay a parking fee.
- Tap on reversals (where an Opal card is tapped on and tapped off at the same location within 30 minutes, and has not been used to complete a trip) cannot be used to validate free parking at Transport Park&Ride Prebooked car parks.
- These conditions apply to all Transport Park&Ride Prebooked car parks at all times.
- Car park users will be charged a parking fee where Transport Park&Ride Prebooked conditions are not met.
- Some car parks use number plate recognition technology to record time of entry and exit.
Park&Ride Prebooked parking rates
When you book your spot, you will be charged:
- $10 if spot is booked more than 24 hours in advance of time of booked entry
- $15 if spot is booked less than 24 hours in advance of time of booked entry
The booking fees allows valid Opal customers to park for up to 18 hours from the time they enter the Prebooked car park.
If you have not used public transport or you have exceeded the 18 hour Prebooked parking window, you will be charged:
- $30 if you have prebooked a spot but not taken a valid public transport trip and parked for 0-18 hours
- $110 if you have not Prebooked a spot and parked for 0-18 hours
- $50 every 24 hours, or part thereof, if you have parked for over 18 hours
You can pay any penalty fees with credit card or debit card at the Park&Ride Prebooked exit gate. You will be able to tap or insert your card into the device. Cash will not be accepted.
- *Park&Ride Prebooked rates are subject to change
- The booking fee allows valid Opal customers to park for up to 18 hours from the time they enter the Prebooked car park.
- If you do not use public transport or if your parking exceeds 18 hours, additional fees and rates may apply at exit.
- These fees and rates ensure that spots are made available for other Park&Ride Prebooked customers.
Park&Ride Prebooked App Terms and Conditions
Transport Park&Ride Commuter Car Park Prebooked Parking Service
- Your contract with Transport for NSW
1.1 Introduction - Transport for NSW (we or TfNSW) offer the option for our customers (you or Customer) to book and pay for car parking at Transport Park&Ride commuter car parks that are owned, branded or operated by us or our Contractor (Commuter Car Parks). We offer unreserved parking at Commuter Car Parks, booking of parking spaces at limited Commuter Car Parks and this App to enable you to Prebook spaces (“Products”).
1.2 Formation of contract - these Terms take effect as a binding Agreement between you and TfNSW, when:
- You agree to use a mobile phone or digital application provided by us or by a third party to book a parking space (Parking App); or
- You accept the Terms by entering a Commuter Car Park.
1.3 Other conditions- In addition to these Terms, other conditions apply to your use of Commuter Car Parks where we notify you and give you a reasonable opportunity to read them. The other conditions may be explained in these Terms, posted at a Commuter Car Park or included in a Parking App.
- Online Bookings
2.1 TfNSW offers the ability to book a parking bay for a particular period in a Commuter Car Park via a Parking App (Online Booking). An Online Booking that you make:
- is valid only once the Booking fee is received by TfNSW;
- is valid only for the time, date, vehicle registration and Commuter Car Park specified in the Online Booking.;
- is valid only for the period booked. If your vehicle is parked in the Prebooked parking area for any time outside the period booked (and any grace period we allow), you will be charged for that time at the applicable parking rate.
- may be cancelled or changed by you, without any charge applying unless already incurred (such as an SMS Fee), by notifying us at least twenty four hours prior to commencement of the booked period;
- is non-transferable between different Commuter Car Parks;
- cannot be resold or leased to any person;
- does not guarantee you a particular parking bay. You will be entitled to park in any unmarked bay within the Prebooked parking area. You must follow any signage or instructions at the Commuter Car Park to access the Prebooked parking area.
- is subject to review and approval by us. We may decline an Online Booking on any basis including limited availability of parking bays, volume of bookings by a Customer or length of time requested.
- may be cancelled by us without notice and without liability if we are unable or unwilling for any reason to provide the parking service booked. If we cancel, we will not charge for the Product and will promptly refund or cancel all fees or charges already paid or incurred.
- Booking Fees and payment
3.1 A Booking fee is payable for each Online booking, which must be paid when making the Booking. The Booking fee relates only to the Booking of a parking space and is not applied to any applicable parking fees or rates. Subject to clause 2.1(d), the Booking fee is non-refundable, even if you do not use the parking bay.
3.2 Payment methods - Payment methods for the Online Booking include credit or debit card payment online credit card or other payment platforms. Payment methods using third parties may carry additional terms which you and we must comply with.
3.3 Authorisation - when you give us your credit card or debit account details, you are authorising us to charge your credit card or debit account with the amount of the applicable fees, and you may not withdraw your authorisation until all fees have been paid.
3.4 Parking fees, rates or charges - Parking fees, rates or charges must be paid in accordance with any terms and conditions or notices erected at each Commuter Car Park.
3.5 Our costs - any costs incurred by us in connection with a breach of this Agreement by the Customer, including legal costs, debt collection agency costs, commissions and GST, must be paid by the Customer within 7 days of written notice from us.
- Risks and Liability
4.1 Physical risks - we will use due care and skill in providing you with the car parking facilities, and we endeavour to provide them in a safe and controlled environment. However, using a Commuter Car Park raises inherent risks you should be aware of. These include risk of: damage being caused to persons, vehicles or other property by third party drivers, pedestrians and other persons; hazards created by weather and environmental conditions; the condition of the property and structures in which the Commuter Car Park is located; theft or malicious damage; malfunctioning equipment such as lighting, lifts, boom gates or ticket and payment systems, and damage being caused in the course of conducting our operations.
4.2 Online risks - we will use due care and skill in providing you with Online Booking services and functionality, the Apps, payment and technological support services. However, using technology raises inherent risks you should be aware of. These include risk of loss of service, outages, delays, loss of data, malicious or careless breaches of data security, and infection of your equipment by viruses or malware.
4.3 No guarantees - we do not guarantee:
- that the Products, or the technological and physical facilities that we use to provide the Products, will be available at all times;
- that your use of a Product will be uninterrupted or error free;
- that all Products or any particular Product will be available at a particular Commuter Car Park; or
- that in using the Product you will not incur any damage to person, vehicle or property.
4.4 Your obligations - when using a Product, you and each parker are required to take reasonable care to avoid damage to yourself, other parkers, other persons, and TfNSW and third party property. You are liable for, and indemnify us against, any loss or damage or claim suffered by us in connection with any breach by you or a parker of this requirement or this contract.
- General terms applying to Products
5.1 Loss and damage - we are not liable for the loss of or any damage to any vehicle, accessories, contents or articles left with us or in a Commuter Car Park. You and each Parker acknowledge that the services provided under this Agreement relate only to the provision of parking of vehicles and not to their safety or security.
5.2 No property rights - this Agreement does not create any tenancy or confer any interest upon you or any Parker by way of lease, licence, or otherwise in any part of a Commuter Car Park. You acknowledge that nothing in this Agreement grants you or any Parker exclusive possession of any part of the Commuter Car Park, including any Prebooked space.
6.1 When using our Products, you may be asked to provide personal information. If you do not provide this information, you will not be able to complete the online Reservation process.
6.2 By becoming a registered user, you agree to receive emails, SMS messages and marketing materials from us.
7.1 Updates - we can change these Terms at any time by posting the updated version to our Website or App
7.2 No waiver - if we do not exercise or enforce any right available under these Online Reservation Terms, it does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
7.3 Severance - if any provision of these Online Booking Terms becomes or is held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, and in any respect, that provision will be severed from the remaining provisions, which will continue in full force and effect.
Transport for NSW Park&Ride Car Park Terms and Conditions of Entry
By entering this Transport Park&Ride car park, you agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
If you do not accept these conditions you should immediately leave this Transport for NSW (TfNSW) Park&Ride car park.
If you exit this car park within 20 minutes of entry, you will not be charged parking fees.
- The first 18 hours of parking are free if you have travelled using an accepted Opal card, and presented the same card when exiting this Transport Park&Ride car park.
- The Transport Park&Ride car park rates are calculated from the time you enter this car park. The car park rate on entry, will apply for the first 24 hours - even if that period extends from one day to the next. Subject to clause 4, if you present an accepted Opal card when exiting this car park, the first 18 hours of parking are free. Any additional time after that will incur the applicable car park rates and fees.
- An accepted Opal card is an Adult, Child/Youth, Senior/Pensioner, Concession, Employee or Free Travel Opal card that has been used for Travel following entry into this Transport Park&Ride car park. For the purposes of this clause 3, Travel means a trip on a public passenger service (metro, train, bus, ferry, light rail) between two separate locations using the Opal card. The Travel must be the most recent transaction recorded on the Opal card. For clarity, a 'Tap On Reversal' on your Opal card as the last transaction is not valid for free parking.
- Additional fees and charges apply if you park in reserved "Prebooked" areas of this car park. You are responsible for and must pay us all parking rates, fees and charges incurred in relation to your vehicle on demand.
- Single trip tickets and School cards are not accepted Opal cards.
- An accepted Opal card is valid for a single exit only. For clarity, the same Opal card cannot be used for free parking at a Transport Park&Ride car park for more than once in a two hour period.
- Customers travelling on the Fl Manly Ferry as their last transaction on the Opal card will not qualify for free parking.
- You enter and use the Transport Park&Ride car park at your own risk and solely for the purposes of parking your vehicle.
- TfNSW reserves the right to refuse entry to this Transport Park&Ride car park to any vehicle or person.
- Vehicle entry is limited to cars, motorcycles and bicycles without any attached trailers or other wheeled vehicles.
- Access to this Transport Park&Ride car park is only during the permitted hours (if displayed).
- You must pay the parking fee in accordance with the Transport Park&Ride car park rates displayed in this car park. We may prevent exit of your vehicle from this car park until the required parking fee is paid.
- Parking fees must be paid at the exit to this Transport Park&Ride car park using credit or debit card. Cash payments will not be accepted.
- By entering this Transport Park&Ride car park you consent to us:
- collecting your number plate information and, if you present an Opal card to the reader when exiting this car park, the Opal card number; and
- using that information to manage this car park, including for the purpose of calculating parking fees and for customer monitoring and planning purposes .
- You agree:
- to drive your vehicle carefully and responsibly, obeying all indicated speed limits and other signs and otherwise comply with all relevant road rules;
- to park wholly within designated parking spaces identified for vehicles;
- not to obstruct any other vehicles, individuals, thoroughfares, entrances or exits in this Transport Park&Ride car park; and
- to use this car park solely in accordance with all signs and reasonable directions and or requests given by or on behalf of TfNSW.
- We reserve the right to enter, move or tow any vehicle to any location inside or outside of the car park if it has contravened any applicable law, these Terms and Conditions or for operational, safety or security reasons. Where we take any steps because of a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any applicable law, you will be liable to TfNSW for any costs we incur in doing so.
- To the maximum extent allowable by law, we are not liable for:
- injury or death to any individuals or pets in this Transport Park&Ride car park;
- any damage to, destruction of or theft of your vehicle or any of your property in this car park however caused; and
- any financial or consequential loss to you arising out of your use of this car park.
- You agree to release and indemnify TfNSW in respect of any claim made against us as a consequence of, in relation to, or in any way arising out of your use of this car park.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions are found to be unenforceable, the offending part is severed without effect on the remaining conditions.
- Financial and other penalties may apply to you if you do not comply with these Terms and Conditions or other information published by TfNSW in this Transport Park&Ride car park or elsewhere.
- The laws of New South Wales apply to these Terms and Conditions where applicable.
- In these Terms and Conditions references to TfNSW, 'we', 'us', and 'our' may mean part of or all of Transport for NSW ABN 18 804 239 602 in its capacity as operator of the car park and its operating agencies, its agents and contractors. 'You' refers to and includes each person who enters the car park and any owner of any vehicle that enters the car park.
Transport for New South Wales (TfNSW) is committed to protecting our customers’ personal information in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW).
We collect certain information when drivers enter and exit Transport Park&Ride car parks so that we can determine if commuters are eligible for free parking. Upon entry to the car park, technology located within the access control system collects the vehicle’s number plate and records it with a time and date stamp. When exiting, the Opal card machine reads the Opal card number and matches this with the last valid tap off made with that Opal card on any public transport mode to check if a valid journey has occurred within 18 hours since the vehicle entered the car park.
We will only use the above information for this purpose or a directly related purpose. The Opal sequence number is retained only for as long as required to validate eligibility for free parking or to settle refunds. Hashed Opal card numbers and de-identified journey data may be stored by TfNSW and used for internal planning and research purposes.
Anonymised postcode information is also collected from Roads and Maritime Services for the purpose of assessing customer demand for future planning purposes.
Entry to a Transport Park&Ride commuter car park is conditional on the collection of this information.
Your information will be securely managed by, or on behalf of, TfNSW from its head office at 231 Elizabeth St, Sydney NSW 2000
You can ask to access or amend your personal information held by us at any time during business hours.
We will not disclose your personal information unless you consent, or we are permitted or required to by law.