Bankstown On Demand service
On Demand services for the Bankstown area began in October 2017 and are operated by Punchbowl Bus Company.
Punchbowl On Demand, or 'POD', runs to and from Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital via Bankstown train station and Bankstown City Paceway Park & Ride.
Hours of operation
Services run 6am–midnight, 7 days a week including public holidays.
Bookings and fares
You can book this service:
- at catchthepod.com.au
- via the Catch the Pod app (available from the App Store and Google Play)
- or by calling (02) 8522 5000
Bookings can be made from 6 months up to 1 minute prior to your trip. Bookings are subject to availability.
Fares are as follows:
- Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital to/from Bankstown train station: a one-way trip will cost $4.00.
- Park & Ride to Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital: a return trip and parking will cost $5.20 or $2.60 one-way.
- Weekly travel reward: take 8 trips in a week (Monday to Sunday) and pay half price on any additional trips before midnight Sunday. Conditions apply.
Half price fares are available for concession card holders, including pensioners, seniors, students and apprentices.
Free travel entitlements are available to customers with a Vision Impaired Person's Travel Pass, NSW Blinded Soldier Pass, WW1 Veteran's Widows Pass and Ex-Defence card. Free travel can only be booked by calling (02) 8522 5000. Conditions apply.
Find out more at catchthepod.com.au.
More about Park & Ride
Bankstown City Paceway Park & Ride is a designated parking and pick-up area for the Punchbowl On Demand service. It is located 1.4km from the hospital within Bankstown City Paceway and is accessible from Eldridge Road.
The Punchbowl On Demand service area covers south west Bankstown and Condell Park, and operates between Bankstown City Paceway, Bankstown train station and Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital.