Sign up to receive personalised notifications of major disruptions to Sydney and Intercity Trains, ferries or light rail via Twitter.
This service is free and operates Monday to Friday from 6am to 10pm. Messages will only be sent if a major disruption affects you, only during the travel times you’ve selected.
How to sign up for Twitter travel alerts
- Sign up for alerts and log in to Twitter. You will need to set up a Twitter account if you don't already have one.
- Select Let’s get started to set up your alert preferences.
- Tell us your departure and destination stations and the times you travel.
- Download the latest Twitter mobile app
- Enable notifications on your phone to receive these alerts
Trackwork, planned service changes, special events and trips that involve transferring between trains may not be available during this trial so continue to check Travel Alerts for disruptions across all public transport services. Plan your trip for up-to-date service information.
Follow your train, bus or ferry on Twitter for service updates and live traffic information.
Our social media teams monitor public transport networks and roads across NSW and will tweet information about disruptions or other changes to normal operations. We may reply to customers who mention our handles if we can direct customers to more information about the public transport network or help with travel information.
Route or line Twitter handle search
Search for a line or route across train, bus and ferry to find the right Twitter handle to follow.