Ways to book your ticket
You can book seats on NSW TrainLink Regional services online, over the phone or in person at selected NSW TrainLink stations and sales agents.
Some bookings need to be booked closer to the date of travel. Find out more about when to book if you are having trouble finding your service online.
Booking online is quick, easy and secure
- Our online ticket office is open 24/7
- There’s no waiting in line
- Simply book from the comfort of your own home
When you’re done, we’ll email your ticket so you can print it out at home or just show it on your mobile when you travel.
Let us show you how easy it is to book online
To get started, book your ticket online through the NSW TrainLink booking website.
- Search for your departure location, destination and travel dates
- Choose a trip that suits you
- Fill in your contact details and pay with a debit or credit card
It’s also easy to manage your booking online using your booking number and email address.
Other ways to book
Call NSW TrainLink Contact Centre on 13 22 32 between 7am to 10pm daily.
If calling from overseas, call +61 2 4907 7501.
For help with translation please use the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) 131 450
For hearing and speech impaired customers please use TTY (teletypewriter service) 133 677 (National Relay Service)
How to pay over the phone
You can use Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club or American Express credit cards.
You can book travel and change or cancel bookings at selected NSW TrainLink stations and sales agents.
Some agents may not be able to exchange tickets you have already paid for. Please contact the agent in advance.
How to pay at sales agents and stations
You can pay by cash or credit card. Most sales agents will have EFTPOS facilities.
You can use the booking website to plan your trip and calculate your fare.
Some travel arrangements need to be booked in person or over the phone. These include bookings for:
- sleeping berths
- travel with bikes, surfboards, snowboards or other bulky items
- accessible travel requirements
- groups of 10 people or more
- travel on an Ex Member of Defence Forces pass
- travel with a Pensioner Travel Voucher if your card is not registered.
To book any of the above travel arrangements, call 13 22 32 or visit your nearest train station or sales agent. Please have your identification and any entitlement cards for concession fares when you make your booking.
Pay it @ POST is no longer an accepted method of payment for NSW TrainLink travel.