Current and former employees
From 1 March 2023, Employee and Former Employee Opal cards reported as lost, stolen, or damaged, will be replaced with a teal Opal card. This will operate in the same way as existing opal cards and will not mean a change in any Employee or Former Employee entitlements.
If you work or previously worked for Transport for NSW or another transport agency, you may be entitled to concession fares using an Employee Opal card or other travel pass, if you meet certain eligibility requirements.
If you are a current employee of Transport for NSW or a Transport agency you will need to contact HR or your local business partner to obtain the relevant form for applying or replacing an Employee Opal card. You can also visit the Transport for NSW intranet or send an enquiry through to the Concessions team via the Concessions application form.
For a new or replacement pass, letter of introduction, request for pass entitlements, or change of entitlement download and complete the applicable form below.
- Application for a former employee or widow/widower pass
- Application for a ‘Gold Pass’ Employee Opal card
- Application for former employee pass entitlements
- Letter of introduction – former employees and widow/widowers
- Submit the completed form and supporting documents online via the Concessions application form.
If you have an enquiry about former employee entitlements or if you would like to clarify what you are entitled to, please send an enquiry through to the Concessions team via the Concessions application form.
- Download, complete and save your completed application form.
- You may also need to include supporting documents so be sure to prepare digital copies before you submit your application.
- Upload and submit your completed application form and any supporting documents online via the Concessions application form.