Transport for NSW Park&Ride Car Park Terms and Conditions of Entry
By entering this Park&Ride Car Park, you agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
If you do not accept these conditions you should immediately leave the Car Park. If you exit this Car Park within 20 minutes of entry you will not be charged parking fees.
- You enter and use the Car Park at your own risk and solely for the purposes of parking your vehicle.
- TfNSW reserves the right to refuse entry to this Car Park to any vehicle or person.
- Vehicle entry is limited to cars, motorcycles and bicycles without any attached trailers or other wheeled vehicles.
- Access to this Car Park is only during the permitted hours (if displayed).
- Access to this Car Park and the charging of any fees will differ based on whether you are a Registered Customer or an Unregistered Customer.
Terms for Registered Customers only
- If you have created an account on www.transportnsw.info ("Account") and registered for Park&Ride ("Registered Customer"), you may enter and exit the Car Park using the number-plate recognition system and the following terms apply:
- When creating your Account, you must provide and link your vehicle number-plate details, your Opal card number or contactless payment method for travel ("Approved Payment Device") as well as your credit or debit card details for any fees payable for Park&Ride services.
- When you approach the boom gate, the number-plate recognition system will scan your vehicle number-plate to determine if it is linked to a Registered Customer. If the system confirms a match for a Registered Customer, your number-plate will be recorded and the boom gate will automatically open.
- To be eligible for 18 hours free commuter parking, you must travel on an Eligible Transport Service using a registered Opal card or Approved Payment Device linked to your account ("Linked Payment").
- When exiting the Car Park, the number-plate recognition system will scan your vehicle number-plate to validate against an entry record. If the number-plate is matched to an entry record, the boom gate will open automatically.
- If you have used a Linked Payment on an Eligible Transport Service between the time of entering and exiting the Car Park, you will be entitled to 18 hours free parking.
- If you do not use a Linked Payment in accordance with clause 9, or have exceeded 18 hours parking, you will be charged in accordance with the Car Park rates displayed upon entry, regardless of whether you travelled on an Eligible Transport Service. You authorise Transport for NSW to charge your credit card linked to your Account in accordance with this clause 12.
Terms for Unregistered Customers only
- If you are not a Registered Customer, the following clauses apply:
- You must pay the parking fee in accordance with the Car Park rates displayed in this Car Park. We may prevent exit of your vehicle from this Car Park until the required parking fee is paid.
- If you present a Valid Opal Card when exiting this Car Park, the first 18 hours of parking are free, otherwise the Car Park Rates will apply as if you entered this Car Park at the expiry of the first 18 hours after entry.
- A Valid Opal Card is an Adult, Child/Youth, Senior/Pensioner, Concession, Employee or Free Travel Opal card that has been used for Travel following entry into this Car Park. For the purposes of this clause 16, Travel means a trip on a public passenger service or train between two separate locations using a Valid Opal Card. The Travel must be the recent transaction recorded on the Opal card. For clarity, a 'Tap On Reversal' on your Opal card as the last transaction is not valid for free parking.
- Single trip tickets and School Cards are not Valid Opal Cards.
- A Valid Opal Card is valid for a single exit only. For clarity, the same Opal card cannot be used for free parking more than once in a two hour period.
- Customers travelling on the Manly Ferry as their last transaction on the Opal card will not qualify for free parking.
- Parking fees must be paid at the exit to this Car Park using credit or debit card. Cash payments will not be accepted.
Terms applicable to users of this Car Park
- The Car Park Rates are calculated from the time you enter this Car Park. The applicable Car Park Rate on entry, will apply for the first 24 hours - even if that period extends from one day to the next.
- Additional fees and charges apply if you park in reserved "Prebooked" areas of this Car Park. You are responsible for and must pay all parking rates, fees and charges incurred in relation to your vehicle on demand.
- By entering this Car Park you consent to us:
- collecting your number-plate information and, if you present an Opal card to the reader when exiting this Car Park, the Opal card number; and
- using that information to manage this Car Park, including for the purpose of calculating parking fees and for customer monitoring and planning purposes.
- You agree:
- to drive your vehicle carefully and responsibly, obeying all indicated speed limits and other signs and otherwise comply with all relevant road rules;
- to park wholly within designated parking spaces identified for vehicles;
- not to obstruct any other vehicles, individuals, thoroughfares, entrances or exits in this Car Park; and
- to use this Car Park solely in accordance with all signs and reasonable directions and or requests given by or on behalf of TfNSW.
- We reserve the right to enter, move or tow any vehicle to any location inside or outside of the Car Park if it has contravened any applicable law, these Terms and Conditions or for operational, safety or security reasons. Where we take any steps because of a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any applicable law, you will be liable to TfNSW for any costs we incur in doing so.
- To the maximum extent allowable by law, we are not liable for:
- injury or death to any individuals or pets in this Car Park;
- any damage to, destruction of or theft of your vehicle or any of your property in this Car Park however caused; and
- any financial or consequential loss to you arising out of your use of this Car Park.
- You agree to release and indemnify TfNSW in respect of any claim made against us as a consequence of, in relation to, or in any way arising out of your use of this Car Park.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions are found to be unenforceable the offending part is severed without effect on the remaining conditions.
- Financial and other penalties may apply to you if you do not comply with these Terms and Conditions or other information published by TfNSW in this Car Park or elsewhere.
- The laws of New South Wales apply to these Terms and Conditions where applicable.
- In these Terms and Conditions references to TfNSW, 'we', 'us', and 'our' may mean part of or all of Transport for NSW ABN 18 804 239 602 in its capacity as operator of the Car Park and its operating agencies, its agents and contractors. 'You' refers to and includes each person who enters the Car Park and any owner of any vehicle that enters the Car Park.