Using Transport Park&Ride with a Transport Connect account
Transport Connect account login
Transport Park&Ride is designed to free-up more spaces at commuter car parks for those who want to travel on public transport. Located close to public transport hubs, Park&Ride makes it easier to park nearby and continue your journey on a train, bus or ferry.
Using either an accepted Opal card or via your Transport Connect account, Park&Ride allows you to access up to 18 hours free parking each day when you complete a public transport trip.
By linking your Park&Ride with Transport Connect, there's no need to tap out when you leave the car park and all your parking history is available online.
Register for a Transport Connect account and link Park&Ride
- If you’re using your credit/debit card for the first time to travel, you’ll need to complete a trip on public transport with the physical card to validate it.
- Once your card has been validated, register for a Transport Connect account at connect.transport.info
- Select 'Services' from the menu.
- Select 'Park&Ride' and follow the prompts. You must complete this step before entering the car park.
- Enter the car park and enjoy free parking.
To link your Park&Ride details, you'll need the following information:
- Your vehicle's number plate
- The card you'll use to tap on and tap off when you catch public transport. This can be your credit/debit card or Opal card
- A payment card, which will be charged if you incur any parking fees
Once you're setup, there's no need to tap out when you leave the car park and you'll have all your parking history available online.
Checking your car parking transactions and charges
You can check your car parking transactions and charges if you have a linked Transport Connect account. Select the ‘Activity’ tab in your Transport Connect account to check your car parking history, transactions and parking charges.
For privacy reasons, the location details of any of Park&Ride car parks accessed are not included in the listing of car parking transactions in your linked Transport Connect account.
- If you are using an Opal card not linked to a Transport Connect account, complete the refund form or contact the operator on 1300 117 901 if you need support.
If you are using a credit/debit card or Opal card linked to a Transport Connect account, you can request a review of a parking charge in your account. Simply select the transaction from your ‘Activity’ list, add the additional details required and your refund request will be lodged for review.
- Please note that in rare cases, Opal travel activity may take up to 48 hours to be registered on the Park&Ride system. Please allow at least 48 hours from the time you exit the car park before submitting a request for a refund.
If your review request is approved, the amount will be refunded to the payment card associated with your Transport Connect account at the time the card was charged for the disputed transaction.
If a refund is approved for a payment charged at the car park exit gate, you will be required to complete an additional form with the car park operator and they will be in contact with you about next steps.
Card issuer fees will not be refunded. You will need to contact your financial institution regarding the refund of any card fees.
Please allow approximately 20 business days for your application to be processed.
If you do not qualify for free parking, you can pay with a credit card or debit card at the Park&Ride exit gate. You cannot pay with cash or an Opal card.
If you are using Transport Connect to access Park&Ride, any parking fees will be charged to the nominated credit or debit card in your Transport Connect account.