Report lost property online
The easiest and most efficient way to report a lost item is by submitting an enquiry. Use this form if you have lost something on public transport in the Opal network or NSW TrainLink Regional train and coaches.
For services not listed in the form, contact the operator of the service.
What to expect
- Once you submit your enquiry, you will receive an email with a tracking number confirming the successful submission.
- You can use the tracking number to revisit the form, add more details and track progress of your enquiry.
- Our staff will search for your item and get back to you as soon as it is located to provide collection information.
- If your item is not found within 28 days, the enquiry will be closed.
Perishable items are destroyed immediately when found due to health and safety reasons. Other items which are soiled or unsafe to retain will also be destroyed.
If you lost your registered Opal card then report it lost or stolen as soon as possible to protect your Opal card balance.
If you find an Opal card, please return it by post to:
Opal Card Returns
Locked Bag 5026
Alexandria NSW 2015
Unclaimed items are disposed of after 28 days.
If you lose something on a Sydney Trains or NSW TrainLink station or train, it will be kept there for seven days. Unclaimed items will then be sent to the Lost Property Office at Central Station, where valuable items will be held for an additional 21 days.
Lost Property Office
Shop 9 Eddy Avenue
Business hours: Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm
Phone: (02) 9379 3341
Lost something on a regional station platform?
If you lose something at a regional station or sales agent, it will also be held for seven days. After this period, unclaimed items will be sent to the Lost Property Office.
Lost property on another service?
Rural or regional bus
If you lost something on a rural or regional bus, please look up the operator details below and contact the operator directly.
Private bus or coach services
|Forest Coach Lines
|Busways (North coast only)
Sydney Light Rail is operated by Transdev Sydney Light Rail.
- If you have just lost your property, for safety reasons Transdev Sydney Light Rail cannot contact light rail employees on board light rail vehicles.
- Remember to always check first if your property has been retrieved before visiting the office. And if it is confirmed it has been retrieved, then call Transdev Sydney Light Rail first on 02 8584 5288* to arrange a time to collect your property; it will avoid disappointment and save you time in case your property has not been retrieved.
- For security reasons, Transdev Sydney Light Rail reserves the rights to refuse entry to premises if customers have not called to book an appointment prior to their visit.
Opening hours for lost property enquiries and collection: Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm (EST) excluding public holidays.
Collection point for all properties retrieved on L1 Dulwich Hill Line, L2 Randwick Line or L3 Kingsford Line:
Transdev Sydney Light Rail, 66a Ascot Street, Kensington NSW 2033.
(located next to Royal Randwick Racecourse, Ascot St entrance / Gate F – and NOT Alison Rd entrance Gate A or B).
For more information on lost and found properties including contact details, please visit the Transdev Sydney Light Rail website.
If you travelled on the following services, contact the relevant depot or office for the bus route.
Route number and name
|Operator and contact details
Keolis Downer Northern Beaches
Busways North West
Transdev John Holland Buses
5A: Hills Showground - Northmead
5B: Tallawong - Northmead
8: Dural - Ermington
Not sure of your route? View:
For property lost within the precinct, visit the Sydney Olympic Park Authority website under Frequently Asked Questions for more information.