On Demand travel credit help
An On Demand travel credit trial is underway in Edmondson Park that allows you to earn up to $2 travel credit every time you transfer within 60 minutes from an Interline bus to an Opal bus or train service.
How it works
Follow the steps below to start earning travel credits:
- Sign up for an On Demand travel credit account.
- Add your credit or debit card as a payment method. This will become your primary payment method for On Demand trips.
- Link your Opal card to your On Demand travel credit account.
- Download and log in to your Interline Connect app using your On Demand travel credentials. You can download the Interline Connect app from the App Store or Google Play.
After you have completed these steps, earn $2 travel credit (Adult) or $1 (Concession) for every transfer between the Edmondson Park On Demand service and another mode in the Opal network, as long as you transfer within 60 minutes.
Travel credits are added on to your travel credit balance to be used for future On Demand bookings. Once you have enough travel credits to pay for an On Demand trip, the fare will automatically be deducted from the travel credit balance instead of your payment card.
See On Demand travel credit terms and conditions for information about how we protect and store your financial data.
- You must have an Opal card (registered or unregistered). You need to tap on and tap off with the same Opal card that has been linked to your On Demand travel credit account to earn travel credits.
- You must add a payment card to your On Demand travel credit account. This will be your payment method when booking On Demand trips.
- You cannot use a contactless card to pay for travel in this trial.
- Free Opal card holders are not eligible to participate in this trial.
- Adults and concession holders including children, students (excluding SSTS) and pensioners are eligible to participate in the trial.
- If you are travelling with a family or group, only one Adult On Demand fare gets a travel credit.
You can earn up to $2 travel credit ($1 for Child or Concessions) for every transfer between Opal and On Demand services at Edmondson Park within 60 minutes.
|Interline On Demand services
||On Demand travel credit
(when On Demand trip is linked to a qualifying Opal fare)
Log in to your On Demand travel credit account to view your travel activity and your travel credit balance.
Travel credits will be added to your travel credit balance within 24 hours. Note: When checking your On Demand travel credit account, the travel credit will show as ‘pending’ until the travel credit has been paid. Once the credit shows as ‘paid’, the travel credit balance will reflect the updated amount.
Update your existing On Demand travel credit account
We are making changes to the way On Demand travel credits are processed. If you have already signed up for On Demand travel credit, you need to update your On Demand travel credit account and Interline Connect app before 9 October to keep earning credit.
From 2 October, any travel credit you earn will be added to your On Demand travel credit balance instead of being credited to the payment card associated with your Interline Connect app.
Here’s what you need to do by 9 October to continue to earn travel credit:
- Log in to your On Demand travel credit account and add your credit or debit card as a payment method. This will become your primary payment method for all On Demand travel.
- Make sure your Interline Connect app is up to date. If your device is not set to update apps automatically, you may need to download the latest version of the Interline Connect app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Sign in to the Interline Connect app using your On Demand travel credit account username and password.
After you’ve completed these steps, On Demand fares will be deducted from your On Demand travel credit balance, or from your stored payment method if your travel credit balance is insufficient.