Opal Connect travel credit help
You can earn up to $2 travel credit (or $1 for child/concessions) every time you transfer between On Demand services at Edmondson Park, The Ponds and Norwest to another mode on the Opal network, as long as you transfer within 60 minutes.
You need to sign up for an Opal Connect account to earn travel credits.
Travel credits are added to your Opal Connect account to be used for future On Demand bookings. On Demand fares are paid from your travel credit balance, or from your stored payment method if your travel credit balance is insufficient.
2. Link your Opal card
Follow the prompts to link your Opal card.
3. Add payment method
Add your preferred payment method such as a credit or debit card.
4. Make sure your On Demand app is up to date
If your device is not set to update apps automatically, you may need to download the latest version of On Demand app from the App Store or Google Play.
Find the app for your On Demand service on our Opal Connect services page.
5. Sign in to app
Sign in using your Opal Connect username and password.
6. Earn travel credits
After you have completed these steps, earn up to $2 travel credit (Adult) or $1 (Concession) on every transfer within 60 minutes between eligible On Demand trips and another mode in the Opal network.
See Opal Connect travel credit terms and conditions for information about how we protect and store your financial data.
- You must have an Opal card (registered or unregistered). You need to tap on and tap off with the same Opal card that has been linked to your Opal Connect account to earn travel credits. You cannot use a contactless card to pay for travel in this trial.
- You must add a payment card to your Opal Connect account.
- Free Opal card holders are not eligible to participate in this trial.
- Adults and concession holders including children, students (excluding SSTS) and pensioners are eligible to participate in the trial.
- If you are travelling with a family or group, only one Adult On Demand fare gets a travel credit.
Travel credits are calculated as soon as we receive your On Demand and Opal trip information. If you have earned a travel credit, it is paid to your Opal Connect balance within 2 hours of the end of your journey. Note: when checking your Opal Connect account, the travel credit will show as ‘pending’ until the travel credit has been paid. Once the credit shows as ‘paid’, the travel credit balance will reflect the updated amount.