Opal Connect travel credit help
You can earn up to $2 travel credit (or $1 for child/concessions) every time you transfer between these On Demand services to or from another mode on the Opal network (or vice versa), as long as you transfer within 60 minutes.
You need to sign up for an Opal Connect account to earn travel credit.
Travel credit is added to your Opal Connect account to be used for future On Demand bookings. On Demand fares are paid from your travel credit balance, or from your stored payment method if your travel credit balance is insufficient.
To sign up for Opal Connect
2. Link your Opal card
Follow the prompts to link your Opal card.
3. Add payment method
Add your preferred payment method such as a credit or debit card.
Make sure your On Demand app is up to date
If your device is not set to update apps automatically, you may need to download the latest version of On Demand app from the App Store or Google Play.
Find the app for your On Demand service on our Opal Connect services page.
Earn travel credit
After you have completed these steps, you can earn up to $2 travel credit (Adult) or $1 (Concession, where available) on every transfer within 60 minutes between eligible On Demand trips and another mode in the Opal network.
Using Opal Connect
Depending on the app and service you are using you may need to either sign into the app with your Opal Connect username and password, or else set Opal Connect as the payment method.
Sign in to the app
To use Opal Connect you will need to sign in to the relevant app using your Opal Connect username and password. Once you have done this Opal Connect will be automatically set as your payment method.
See Opal Connect travel credit terms and conditions for information about how we protect and store your financial data.
- You must have an Opal card (registered or unregistered). You need to tap on and tap off with the same Opal card that has been linked to your Opal Connect account to earn travel credits. You cannot use a contactless card to pay for travel in this trial.
- You must add a payment card to your Opal Connect account.
- Free Opal card holders are not eligible to participate in this trial.
- Adults and concession holders including children, students (excluding SSTS) and pensioners are eligible to participate in the trial.
- If you are travelling with a family or group, only one Adult On Demand fare gets a travel credit.
Travel credits are calculated as soon as we receive your On Demand and Opal trip information. If you have earned a travel credit, it is paid to your Opal Connect balance within 2 hours of the end of your journey. Note: when checking your Opal Connect account, the travel credit will show as ‘pending’ until the travel credit has been paid. Once the credit shows as ‘paid’, the travel credit balance will reflect the updated amount.