Managing your Opal digital account
Your balance will be automatically topped up when your account goes below $10. You can specify the amount to be topped up in your Opal digital card app settings.
Your travel payments and activities can be easily accessed in the Opal digital card trial app. Payments and activities can be seen in the trial app an hour after taking the trip.
Outstanding fares for any prior travel has to be settled before the same card or device can be used again to travel. You can settle outstanding payments through the Opal digital card trial app.
You can apply for a reimbursement if you were:
- charged a default fare due to a service disruption or equipment outage
- unable to tap on or tap off due to an emergency evacuation or power or equipment outage
- charged an incorrect fare
To request an Opal digital card reimbursement, you will need access your activity statement in Opal Connect and request the reimbursement.
You can ‘Request help’ through the Opal digital card trial app.
Any remaining funds will be transferred back to your payment source.
When you have more than one digital card in your digital wallet you have to nominate a default card. If your Opal digital card is not selected as a default card you will need to select it after opening your digital wallet. If your Opal digital card is not selected when approaching an Opal reader your default card will be charged your fare.
How to transfer a card
In order to transfer a card to a new device, please ensure,
- You remove the existing Opal digital card from the other device.
- Check the balance and make sure there is no outstanding debt applicable.
- Then on the new device, go to either the Google Play store link on a Samsung device or log in to TestFlight on an Apple device to re-download the Opal digital app. Then go to Settings > Manage my card to add the new card.
Remove the Opal digital card by:
- If you have Find My iPhone turned on, you can suspend or permanently remove the ability to pay with Apple Pay from that device.
- You can also log into the Apple ID remotely and remove all cards from Apple Pay
There are 2 ways customers can remove the Opal digital card:
The Opal Digital Card is issued on behalf of Transport for New South Wales by EML Payment Solutions Limited ABN 30 131 436 532 and will be provisioned into a Mobile Wallet on a Mobile Device. The Opal Digital Card is managed by Mastercard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Ltd ABN 47 145 452 044. Please read the full terms and conditions for the Opal Digital Card available at transportnsw.info/opal-digital-terms. Cardholders will also be required to accept the relevant terms and conditions relating to Apple Pay or Samsung Pay, available at transportnsw.info/opal-digital-terms-conditions.