With the Transport for NSW School Portal, schools and TAFE college staff are able to:
- view and endorse school travel pass applications.
- update their school or TAFE college details such as postal address and contact details.
- provide attendance checks for the School Drive Subsidy or Private Vehicle Conveyance.
- order Transport Concession Entitlement Cards for school students aged 16 years and over.
You must be a registered user to login.
Log in to Transport for NSW School Portal
About the School Portal
This page is a guide for School Portal users.
Each user at your school/TAFE college will need their own individual login. Do not share logins between multiple users. You may request as many logins as you need, but we do not recommend more than five.
Each school or TAFE college must have at least one registered user who is approved by the school principal, college director or authorised representative.
To register a new user:
- access the Transport for NSW School Portal
- choose 'Request New User Account'
- complete and submit the form
You will receive a confirmation email when your Transport for NSW School Portal access has been set up.
Staff administering student enrolment details for school travel pass applications or SDS/PVC attendance checks for more than one school or TAFE college will need to register for Transport for NSW School Portal access separately for each school or TAFE college.
You can do this by adding the access to your existing account or by creating a new account for each school/college.
To add access to your existing account:
- go to appln.transport.nsw.gov.au/portal/login
- log in using your Transport for NSW School Portal credentials
- select ‘request more access’
- complete and submit the form
A School Principal, College Director or authorised representative of each school or college will need to approve the application.
Once approved, staff will have access to view records for all authorised schools or TAFE colleges.
If you have forgotten your username or password, follow the links on the School Portal to regain access.
If a user at your school or TAFE college has left or no longer requires access to the TfNSW School Portal you can request for that access to be removed.
To remove a user:
- contact us by submitting feedback online with your request.
- be sure to include the user's first name, last name, user name, email address and the name of the school or TAFE college.
Using the Transport for NSW School Portal
An email will be automatically sent to your school or TAFE college each day when you have one or more school travel pass applications to endorse.
If there are no applications for you to endorse, you will not receive an email.
You do not have to wait for the reminder email to endorse your applications. During peak periods please check the TfNSW School Portal regularly.
Transport for NSW emails all School Drive Subsidy and Private Vehicle Conveyance online registered schools at the end of each semester advising that semester returns are now available to complete student attendance checks.
Reminder emails will also be automatically sent to your school or TAFE college each day if you have pending attendance checks.
If there are no pending attendance checks in the Transport for NSW School Portal for you to action, you will not receive an email.
Existing Transport for NSW School Portal users will be able to use their existing login details to access the Driving Subsidy module to submit attendance checks for Private Vehicle Conveyance and School Drive Subsidy.
Please note: All attendance checks for PVC and School Drive Subsidy should be completed in the Transport for NSW School Portal.
Transport Concession Entitlement Card for School Students
The Transport Concession Entitlement Card is used to prove students’ entitlement to concession fares in NSW. The Transport Concession Entitlement Card is replacing these cards:
- Senior Secondary Student Concession Card (16 years and over) – also used by Mature Secondary Students (18 years and over), Distance Education Students and Home School Students
- Proof of Age card (when a student under 16 years of age looks older)
- Boarder Rail Pass
Check our Guide to student concession cards (pdf 295KB)
Schools can use their existing School Portal login to access new features that will make it faster to manage and distribute cards.
Cards can be ordered in bulk via the School Portal by uploading a template in CSV format containing student details. Schools will copy and paste student details into the template as part of the ordering process instead of writing on cards by hand when they receive them. Bulk orders are accepted for the below cards:
- Senior Secondary Student Concession Card
- Mature Secondary Student
- Proof of Age card
- Distance Education Student
For further support on ordering Transport Concession Entitlement Cards:
- Follow the instructions in the Transport Concession Entitlement Card chapter in the School Portal User Guide (pdf 3.0MB).
- If you have any questions, please contact us through our feedback form.
If schools need to order Boarder Rail Passes, they should follow the usual process by completing a Boarder Rail Pass application form (pdf 892KB).
- The ordering process allows one card per student.
- Applications without student details cannot be processed.
- Surplus stock of concession entitlement card is no longer available.
Schools will need to authorise the form with the school stamp in the usual way.