Enjoy the convenience of travelling with your credit or debit card or device
Tap on and tap off
Use the same card or device (American Express, Mastercard, Visa) to complete a trip
Just turn up
No need to top up in advance
Same Opal benefits
You'll be charged an Adult Opal fare
Same Adult fares, same Opal benefits
You will be charged an Adult Opal fare, just like an Opal card. You will receive the same Opal benefits:
- $2 discount for every transfer between modes as part of one journey.
- Half price travel after eight paid journeys in a week
- Fares capped daily, weekly and on weekends
- 30% discount on metro/train, bus and light rail fares outside peak times.
Concession fares are not currently available using contactless payments.
Types of contactless payments
If your bank card shows the contactless symbol you can use it to pay for your travel.
- We accept American Express (AMEX), Mastercard and Visa credit or debit cards.
- If you're unsure whether your card is contactless-enabled, check with your card issuer.
Add a payment card to your digital wallet on your phone, watch or other device to pay for your fare.
- We accept American Express (AMEX), MasterCard, Visa credit or debit cards.
- Tap on and tap off with the same device each time to access your travel benefits.
- Ensure your device has enough battery to avoid paying the maximum fare.
Tips to pay the right fare
- Use the same device or card to tap on and tap off public transport.
- Separate your cards in your wallet to avoid card clash
- Make sure your device is charged for the duration of your trip