Help checking your contactless activity
To view a breakdown of your recent activity using your contactless credit or debit card on the Opal network, you can enter your card details here.
If you are having problems or have a question about your contactless payments activity, please check the information about common issues below.
If you see an error message after entering your card details, it will likely be for one of the following reasons:
- You entered your card details incorrectly (card number, expiry date or CVV)
- Your card has expired
- Your card does not have $1 credit available for the pre-authorisation fee
- Your card has been blocked by your financial institution (due to it being reported lost, stole or suspected fraudulent activity)
- Your card has never been used for contactless payments on the Opal network
Why does it say ‘No activity to display’ when I have travelled?
You may see a 'No activity to display' message for one of the following reasons:
- No trips have been recorded on your card in the last 180 days.
- There has been a delay in your travel history processing. This may be because of network delays or during peak travel times when lots of trips are being recorded.
- It is the first time you have used your contactless card and you have only tapped on. Once you tap off your trip will be available to view.
If you didn't tap off, an incomplete trip will be recorded. This will appear delayed on your travel history.
- If you have taken more than 10 trips with your contactless card on any single day of travel then you will see 'No activity to display'. We expect to be able to display more trips in the near future.
At this stage, only the most recent 10 trips are able to be shown.
This means that if you have taken more than 10 trips in one day, then we will not be able to display your travel history and you will see the 'No activity to display' message.
For example, if you take four trips per day over three or more days then you will only be able to see your last eight trips taken over the previous two days.
Trips may take up to 24 hours to appear in your activity.
Trips are grouped by day, based on the Opal day which starts at 4am and ends at 3.59am the next day. The fare shown is inclusive of all Opal benefits and discounts applied.
If you believe you have been charged an incorrect fare, please first familiarise yourself with the contactless payment fare rules. If you still believe you have been charged incorrectly, you can lodge a Contactless Transport Payments Reimbursement Form (pdf 532KB) (pdf 857KB) in line with the Opal Refunds and Balance Transfer Policy (pdf 417KB) (pdf 417KB).
If you believe your card has been used fraudulently you should contact the issuing bank immediately.