Regional Excursion Daily (RED)
If you are an eligible pensioner or senior in a regional area of NSW, you can access unlimited bus travel within your local bus network on a Regional Excursion Daily (RED) ticket.
For $2.50, the RED ticket makes it affordable for you to get around by bus in your local area.
You can buy a RED ticket if you have one of the following cards:
- NSW Seniors Card
- NSW, Victorian or ACT Pensioner Concession Card
- NSW War Widow/er Transport Concession Card
- Asylum Seekers Transport Concession Entitlement Card
Where to buy a RED ticket
You can purchase your RED ticket from the driver of the first bus you board.
You must show your concession card. Have it and your ticket ready for inspection on every service you catch.
RED tickets are valid until midnight on day of purchase.
Your RED ticket will be accepted by the following transport operators:
- A RED ticket is for use on buses operating in a local area or region only. For example, a ticket purchased for use in Tamworth cannot be used in Coffs Harbour – a separate ticket must be purchased to travel in each area.
- You can use a RED ticket on bus services that traverse into an outer metropolitan area, but not on outer metropolitan services that extend into a rural and regional area.
- You cannot use the ticket on other modes of transport, NSW regional buses or on services in the Sydney metropolitan or outer metropolitan areas. In this case, you are probably eligible for a Gold Senior/Pensioner Opal card for the Sydney metropolitan and outer metropolitan areas. You can book a Country Pensioner Excursion ticket for use on NSW Regional train services.
- The ticket is not transferable.