Regional Excursion Daily (RED)
If you are an eligible pensioner or senior in a regional area of NSW, you can access unlimited bus travel within your local bus network on a Regional Excursion Daily (RED) ticket.
For $2.50, the RED ticket makes it affordable for you to get around by bus in your local area.
The RED ticket allows eligible concession holders to ride all day on regulated local bus services in rural and regional areas. The RED ticket is not valid on NSW TrainLink train or coach services.
You can buy a RED ticket if you have one of the following cards:
- NSW Seniors Card
- NSW, Victorian or ACT Pensioner Concession Card
- NSW War Widow/er Transport Concession Card
- Asylum Seekers Transport Concession Entitlement Card
Where to buy a RED ticket
You can purchase your RED ticket from the driver of the first bus you board.
You must show your concession card when purchasing your ticket, and have it and your ticket ready for inspection on every service you catch.
RED tickets are valid until midnight on day of purchase.
- You cannot use the ticket on other modes of transport, NSW regional buses or on services in the Sydney metropolitan or outer metropolitan areas. In this case, you are probably eligible for a Gold Senior/Pensioner Opal card for the Sydney metropolitan and outer metropolitan areas. You can book a Country Pensioner Excursion ticket for use on NSW Regional train services.
- The ticket is not transferable.