Ticket eligibility and concessions
You may be eligible for free or discounted travel on our transport services. Please check for eligibility and conditions of travel.
The following groups may be eligible to travel for no more than $2.50 per day on public transport in NSW:
- NSW Asylum seekers
- NSW War Widows and Widowers
- NSW Veterans with a DVA Gold Health Card
The following groups may be eligible to travel on a concession fare, and may also receive other travel benefits:
- Children (4-15 years) and secondary students (aged 16 and over)
- NSW Apprentices and trainees
- Tertiary and TAFE students
- Centrelink customers
The following people are entitled to free travel:
- Children aged 3 and under
- NSW Ex-members of Defence Force with a disability (and an attendant)
- NSW blinded soldiers (and an attendant)
- WWI Veteran’s Widows
- People with a Vision Impairment Pass (free travel applies to the cardholder, guide dog, and attendant)
- Current and former employees
Free travel is also provided on presentation of the following:
- Companion Card (free travel applies to the companion or carer while the cardholder must have a valid ticket for travel)
Primary and secondary students in NSW could be entitled to free or concession travel to and from school.
Other travel passes
Assistance Animal Permit
Assistance animals with a permit can travel free on public transport in Sydney and surrounds. Find more information.