Skip to main content

Guide to school student concession cards

Eligible school students 16 years or old can now use the Transport Concession Entitlement Card.

The Transport Concession Entitlement Card has replaced the following cards:

  1. Senior Secondary Student Concession Card (16 years and over) – also issued to Mature Secondary Students (18 years and over), Distance Education Students and Home School Students.
  2. Proof of Age card (when a student under 16 years of age looks older)
  3. Boarders Rail Pass

Students need to carry a concession entitlement card if they’re travelling on a Child/Youth Opal card or a child/concession ticket.

Eligible students aged 16 years or older will be able to use a Transport Concession Entitlement Card as proof of entitlement when using a Child/Youth Opal card within the Opal network, or when travelling on child or concession fares in NSW.

Children aged between 4 to 15 years do not require a proof of entitlement for concession travel. However, if they look more mature, they can get a Transport Concession Entitlement Card to verify to authorised officers that they are under 16 years old.