Australian Open Golf 2018
The Lakes Golf Club, Eastlakes
- Gates open each day
- Event start each day
- Event finish Thursday and Friday
- Event finish Saturday and Sunday
The best train station for connections to the Golf Club is Mascot station.
From there you can change for a shuttle bus running regularly direct to the venue running from 06:00 until 19:00 on weekdays, and from 07:00 until 18:30 on weekends.
Trackwork is taking place between 02:00 Saturday 17 November and 02:00 Monday 19 November and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- City Circle Line: Trains run in one direction only.
- T1 North Shore Line: Buses replace trains between Hornsby and Wynyard via Gordon.
- T3 Bankstown Line: Buses replace trains between Cabramatta, Lidcombe and Sydenham via Bankstown.
To note: As of Sunday 30 September, the Epping to Chatswood rail line has temporarily closed for upgrades for around 7 months before Sydney Metro Northwest services begin in 2019. The new high-frequency bus service, Station Link, replaces trains between Epping and Chatswood. For more information on Station Link, visit transportnsw.info.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so allow plenty of extra travel time and plan ahead. For train service disruption information, check travel alerts or plan your trip using the Trip Planner
Free event shuttle buses will run regularly between Mascot and the golf course:
- From Mascot Station you can catch a shuttle bus from Coward St to the golf course running regularly from 06:00 until 19:00 on weekdays and from 07:00 until 18:30 on weekends.
- From the 'Park on King' car park, you can continue your trip to the golf course by shuttle bus running regularly each day from 08:30 until 19:00.
Regular Sydney Buses Route 301 also stops on King St and Florence Ave which are within walking distance of the venue. However, you will need to use your Opal card when boarding regular bus services.
Local roads around the Golf Club including sections of Vernon Ave, O'Connor St and King St will close daily between 05:00 and 18:00.
Traffic changes for CBD and South East Light Rail construction may affect how you travel. Plan ahead and allow extra time when travelling in the South East.
There is no onsite parking at the Lakes Golf Club. Parking is available at Park on King, Mascot. Connect with a shuttle bus from Park on King to the event site.
The pick-up and drop off point for the shuttle bus is on the southern side of King St, Mascot.
Special event clearways
Special event clearways will be in place on roads around the golf course from 05:00 until 18:00 daily from Thursday 15 November to Sunday 18 November on the following roads:
- Florence Avenue between King Street and Kyogle Street
- King Street between Vernon Avenue and St Helena Parade (northern side)
- King Street between Vernon Avenue and House number 18 King Street (approx. 40m west of Florence Avenue) (southern side)
- Vernon Avenue between O’Connor Street and King Street
- Vernon Avenue between Florence Avenue and House number 20 Vernon Avenue (approx. 160m east of Florence Avenue) (northern side)
Special event clearways are strict no-parking zones and apply even to local residents and RMS Mobility Scheme Permit holders. Check signs carefully when parking as vehicles left in clearways will be towed and a fee applies. Visit Live Traffic NSW to see the locations of special event clearways.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).