Shute Shield Grand Final
Bankwest Stadium, Parramatta
- Gates open
- 4th Grade Grand Final kick-off
- 3rd Grade Grand Final kick-off
- 2nd Grade Grand Final kick-off
- Shute Shield kick-off
- Events finish
Important Event Information
With Parramatta transport interchange within a short 15 minute walking distance the best way to get to and from Bankwest Stadium is by public transport.
See the Bankwest Stadium transport and walking map (pdf 1.7MB) for more details on how to get to and from the stadium.
More ways to pay
If you have a contactless-enabled debit or credit card or a linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and tapping off at Opal card readers. Available on metro, train, light rail and ferry services, and coming soon to bus services, contactless payments are another way to pay on the Opal network. Adult Opal fare pricing applies and you will receive Opal benefits, including daily and weekly fare caps.
Sydney Metro services are high-frequency, driverless trains running between Tallawong Station and Chatswood Station.
Metro services start running from the early morning. Change at Epping to connect with train services towards Parramatta.
Last services from Chatswood to Tallawong leave at 12.45am on Thursday nights and at 1.45am on Friday and Saturday nights.
You can use your Opal card or accepted contactless payment method on Sydney Metro services.
The closest station to Bankwest Stadium is Parramatta, however, trackwork is taking place between St Marys/Richmond and Granville during the event.
- If you're travelling from the west, catch a rail replacement bus to Parramatta.
- If you're travelling from the south, north or east, change at Granville for a rail replacement bus to Parramatta. Some buses will run direct to Bankwest Stadium at 1.20pm, 1.30pm, 1.40pm, 1.50pm and 2pm.
The stadium is approximately 15 minutes walk from the station via Argyle St, Church St, the Riverside Walk (non-accessible route) or through Prince Alfred Square to the stadium on O'Connell St. See the Bankwest Stadium transport and walking map (pdf 1.7MB) for more details.
Trackwork is taking place from 02:00 Saturday 24 August until 02:00 Monday 26 August and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- City Circle Line: Trains run in one direction only, from Central first stop Museum. Buses replace trains from Town Hall to Wynyard and Circular Quay, in that direction only.
- T1 Western Line: Buses replace trains between St Marys and Granville and between Richmond and Granville. From 23:30 Saturday until 06:30 Sunday, buses also replace trains between Parramatta, Granville and Strathfield.
- T1 North Shore Line: Trains run between Berowra and Wynyard only.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: Trains run to a changed timetable and stopping pattern. From 23:30 Saturday until 06:30, some trains run between Leppington and Lidcombe, then Olympic Park and between Ashfield and the City.
- T3 Bankstown Line: Trains run between Liverpool or Lidcombe and Sydenham only, some to a changed timetable.
- T5 Cumberland Line: Buses replace trains between Richmond and Granville.
- T6 Carlingford Line: Buses replace trains between Carlingford and Clyde.
- T8 Airport & South Line: Trains run from Macarthur or Revesby to the City via the Airport, in that direction only. Trains from the City to Revesby or Macarthur run via Sydenham. Buses replace trains in one direction only from Central to Green Square and Mascot, and from Green Square to Wolli Creek, continuing to Sydenham.
- T9 Northern Line: Trains run to a changed timetable between Hornsby and Central.
- Blue Mountains Line: Buses replace trains between Penrith and Central. Trains between Bathurst and Central run to a changed timetable.
- Central Coast & Newcastle Line: Trains may run to a changed timetable due to trackwork between Strathfield and Central.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so allow extra travel time and plan ahead. For the latest information, check travel alerts and trackwork or use the Trip Planner.
Plenty of regular route bus services run to and from Parramatta Interchange which is within a 15 minute walking distance of Bankwest Stadium including route 549, 550, 600, 601, 609, 625, 665 and T80.
From the interchange head down Argyle St, Church St and take either the Riverside Walk or walk through Prince Alfred Square to get to the stadium on O'Connell St. See the Bankwest Stadium transport and walking map (pdf 1.7MB) for more details on how to get to and from the stadium.
The free Parramatta CBD shuttle bus (route 900) will run every 10 minutes from 8am until 6pm during the event. Keep in mind this service is limited and will be busy so consider the short 15 minute walk to the stadium instead. See the Shuttle Bus Map for stop locations.
Light rail services run between Central Station and Dulwich Hill with stops at popular CBD and Inner West destinations. From Central change for a Western Line train to Parramatta.
Motorists should also exercise caution as pedestrian activity will be high on roads between Parramatta Interchange and the Stadium as crowds arrive and leave the area.
The widened M4 between Parramatta and Homebush and the new M4 Tunnels between Homebush and Haberfield allows motorists to bypass more than 50 sets of traffic lights on Parramatta Road. A distance-based toll applies. For details on the M4 upgrades, visit westconnex.com.au.
There is no public parking available at Bankwest Stadium. There are a number of parking stations within walking distance to the stadium:
- Justice Precinct Car Park (Hunter Street)
- Eat Street Car Park (George Street)
- City Centre Car Park (George Street)
- Riverbank Car Park (Phillip Street)
Visit City of Parramatta - Parkingmore information.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).