Fairgrounds Festival 2019
Berry Showgrounds, Berry
- Start Friday
- Start Saturday
- Finish Friday & Saturday
More ways to pay
If you have a contactless-enabled American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card, or a linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and tapping off at Opal card readers. Available on all public transport in the Opal network, contactless payments are another way to pay on the Opal network. Adult Opal fare pricing applies and you will receive Opal benefits, including daily and weekly fare caps.
Sydney Metro services are high-frequency, driverless trains running between Tallawong Station and Chatswood Station.
Metro services start from the early morning running every 10 minutes until late. Change at Epping or Chatswood for services towards Central to connect with trains to Berry on the South Coast Line.
You can use your Opal card or accepted contactless payment method on Sydney Metro services.
The closest station to the festival is Berry on the South Coast Line. The station is a 500m walk from the Showgrounds.
Additional train services will run on Saturday night to help you get home from the event:
- To Kiama: Two extra trains will leave Bomaderry at 9:45pm and 10:53pm, stopping all stations to Kiama.
- To Bomaderry: Two extra trains will leave Kiama at 9:11pm and 10:20pm stopping all stations to Bomaderry.
- To Central: An extra service will leave Kiama to Wollongong at 11:12pm, and then extend to Central. Stopping at North Wollongong, Thirroul, Helensburgh, Waterfall, Sutherland, Hurstville, Wolli Creek, Redfern, Central, Town Hall, Martin Place, Kings Cross, Edgecliff and Bondi Junction.
Trackwork is taking place from 02:00 Saturday 7 December until 02:00 Monday 9 December and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- T1 Western Line: Penrith trains run to a changed timetable. Richmond trains run between Richmond and Olympic Park only. On Saturday only from 23:00 until 05:30, buses replace all trains between Lidcombe and Central.
- T1 North Shore Line: Trains may run to a changed timetable due to trackwork between Strathfield and Central. On Saturday from 23:00 until 05:30, buses replace all trains between Central and Lidcombe.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: The all-stations Homebush trains will not run. Leppington trains run between Leppington and Strathfield only. On Saturday night from 23:00 until 05:30, buses replace trains between Lidcombe and Central.
- T9 Northern line: On Saturday from 23:15 until 05:30, buses replace all trains between Strathfield and Central.
- Blue Mountains Line and Central Coast & Newcastle Line: On Saturday from 23:00 until 05:30, buses replace all trains between Strathfield and Central.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so allow plenty of extra travel time and plan ahead. For train service disruption information, check trackwork and travel alerts or plan your trip using the Trip Planner
Event shuttle buses
Festival shuttle buses will run to and from Gerringong, Gerroa, Shoalhaven Heads and Nowra during the event hours.
Shuttles run on a loop, space on these shuttle services is limited and comes on a first come, first serve basis. Festival goers are encouraged to pre-book in advance and purchase an ‘entry + shuttle’ ticket in addition to their festival ticket. For more information on the shuttle services and bus stops, visit Fairgrounds Festival - Travel.
Shoal Bus run services in the Shoalhaven area including Ulladulla, Gerringong, Berry, Shoalhaven Heads and Berrara. For more information on bus timetables and maps, visit Shoal Bus Network
Traffic is expected to be heavier than normal on major roads approaching Berry including the Princes Highway, Kangaroo Valley Road and Wharf Road. Motorists should allow for extra travel time when driving through the area.
Parking will be available at two designated Fairgrounds parking sites. The parking is free and within walking distance from the site.
The Rivercamp car park is exclusively available for those with a valid event and camping ticket.
For more parking information, visit Fairgrounds FAQ – Parking
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).