Australia Cup Final: Sydney United 58 FC v Macarthur FC
CommBank Stadium, Parramatta
- Gates Open
- Full Time
Important travel advice
Fans are encouraged to plan ahead and consider all the available travel options. Travel on trains to the Australia Cup Final is included in your ticket to the game.
Trains and buses run regularly to Parramatta Station, which is a 15-minute walk from the stadium. Some buses also make stops outside the stadium on O’Connell Street.
If you’re driving, travel with your group and use the available parking nearby at the Justice Precinct car park off Hunter Street, Eat Street car park off George Street and Parramatta Station car park off Wentworth Street. Make an evening of it and arrive early, there’s plenty of nearby restaurants and cafes on Church Street along the newly revitalised Eat Street.
Traffic may be heavier than usual as fans travel to the game, and roads around the stadium will close at the end of the game to allow crowds to safely leave the precinct. Be patient, allow extra travel time and follow the directions of traffic controllers and Police. You can find real-time updates on traffic conditions at livetraffic.com.
If you’re travelling home by taxi or rideshare, choose a pickup location away from the stadium. If you’re catching a bus home, keep in mind that buses will use different stops nearby if road closures are in place so check signs at stops.
Valid pre-purchased match tickets to the Australia Cup Final include travel to and from CommBank Stadium in Parramatta on the following transport services – just show your event ticket to transport staff when boarding:
- Sydney Trains and NSW TrainLink services (bounded by Bomaderry, Goulburn, Bathurst, Scone and Dungog stations)
- Sydney Metro North West services
- Sydney and Newcastle Light Rail services
For travel on buses and ferries you will need to use an Opal card or contactless payment method, see below for more information
Remember to keep your event ticket safe for your return journey or you'll need to use your Opal card or contactless payment method, as you must have a valid ticket when travelling on public transport. Your match ticket is valid on the modes of public transport listed above until 4am the following day.
Note: an additional train station access fee applies for travel to or from Domestic and International Airport stations. The access fee is not covered by your event ticket travel entitlements.
You can use an Opal card for all modes of public transport in Sydney and surrounding regions, including metro, trains, buses, ferries and light rail.
More ways to pay
If you have a contactless-enabled American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card, or a linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and tapping off at Opal card readers. Available on all public transport, contactless payments are another way to pay on the Opal network. Adult Opal fare pricing applies and you will receive Opal benefits, including daily and weekly fare caps.
Sydney Metro services are high-frequency, driverless trains running between Tallawong Station and Chatswood Station.
Metro services start from the early morning running every 10 minutes until late. Change at Epping to connect with a train or bus service towards Parramatta.
The closest station to Commbank Stadium is Parramatta. Trains run regularly to Parramatta on weekends.
The stadium is approximately 15 minutes’ walk from the station. Exit via Darcy Street then continue on Church Street, the Riverside Walk (non-accessible route) or through Prince Alfred Square to the stadium on O'Connell Street. See the CommBank Stadium transport and walking route map for more details.
Long weekend trackwork is taking place from 2am Saturday 1 October until 2am Tuesday 4 October and may affect how you travel to and from the event. Plan ahead using the Trip Planner:
- T1 Western Line: On Saturday from 5.50am until 8.45am, buses replace trains between Richmond and Blacktown. From 8.45am until 11am, buses replace trains between Richmond and Schofields. Trains run between Blacktown or Schofields and the City, some to a changed timetable.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: Homebush trains run between Liverpool and the City via Regents Park, stopping at all stations between Liverpool and Lidcombe, then running to the normal timetable between Homebush and the City. On Saturday from 6:30am until 10:30am, trains run between Homebush and the City only. Leppington trains will not stop at Ashfield.
- T3 Bankstown Line: Buses replace trains between Lidcombe and Sydenham. Trains run between Liverpool and the City via Regents Park, stopping all stations to Lidcombe and the City Circle. Trains also run between Sydenham and the City Circle, stopping at St Peters and Erskineville. On Saturday from 6:30am until 10:30am, trains run between Liverpool and Lidcombe only. Buses continue to replace trains until Sunday 9 October.
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line: On Saturday from 9.30pm until 2.30am, buses replace trains between Waterfall and Hurstville. Trains run to a changed timetable and make extra stops between Cronulla and Bondi Junction until 11:55pm. From 11.55pm until 2.30am, buses also replace trains between Cronulla and Hurstville.
- T5 Cumberland Line: On Saturday from 5.50am until 8.45am, buses replace trains between Richmond and Blacktown. From 8.45am until 11am, buses replace trains between Richmond and Schofields. Trains run between Blacktown or Schofields and Leppington, some to a changed timetable.
- T9 Northern Line: On Saturday from 6:30am until 10:30am, some trains make an extra stop at Ashfield.
- South Coast Line: From 2.30pm Friday until 12.40am Saturday, buses replace trains between Bomaderry and Dapto. Trains run between Port Kembla, Dapto and Bondi Junction, some to a changed timetable. From 12.40am Saturday until 2am Monday, buses replace trains between Bomaderry and Wollongong. Trains run between Wollongong and Thirroul or Bondi Junction, some to a changed timetable. From 2am Saturday until 2am Tuesday, buses replace trains between Port Kembla and Wollongong. From 9.40pm Saturday until 2.30am Sunday, buses replace trains between Waterfall and Hurstville.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so plan ahead. For the latest information, check trackwork and travel alerts or plan your trip using the Trip Planner.
A number of buses run to and from Parramatta Interchange, which is within a 15 minute walking distance of CommBank Stadium.
From the Interchange, head down Argyle Street, Church Street, and take either the Riverside Walk or go through Prince Alfred Square to get to the stadium on O'Connell Street. See the CommBank Stadium transport and walking map for more details.
Alternatively, buses leave regularly from Stand A4 at Parramatta Interchange and make stops on O’Connell Street outside the stadium. These routes include 546, 600, 601, 603, 604, 606 and 706. All bus services are accessible.
The free Parramatta CBD shuttle bus (Route 900) runs regularly in a loop of Parramatta CBD, making stops near the stadium on O’Connell Street. This service is limited and will be busy so consider walking to the stadium instead. See the Shuttle Bus Map for stop location details.
Roads outside the stadium, including sections of O’Connell Street, Ross Street and Victoria Road, will close from approximately 9:30pm until 10pm to allow crowds to leave the precinct safely.
The following bus stops will be closed and routes 546, 549, 550, 600, 601 and 606 will be diverting while the road closures are in place. See our road closure and transport map (pdf 672KB) for more details and alternative bus stop locations:
- Parramatta Leagues Club, O'Connell Street will be closed – alternative stop O’Connell Street opp Harold Street (for services towards the Hills and North West)
- Our Lady of Mercy College, O'Connell Street will be closed – alternative stop O’Connell Street at Fennell Street (for services towards Parramatta Station)
- Victoria Road after Villiers Street will be closed – alternative stop All Saints Anglican Church, Victoria Road (for services towards Parramatta Station)
- Victoria Road before Marist Place will be closed – alternative stop O’Connell Street opp Harold Street (for services towards the Hills, Epping and Macquarie Park)
Note: Victoria Road opp All Saints Anglican Church is open for services towards Central/Railway Square via Ryde.
The closest wharf stop to CommBank Stadium is Parramatta Wharf. The stadium is approximately 15 minutes' walk (1.2km) from the wharf.
Sydney Ferries services are very popular and may reach capacity early. Keep this in mind if you’re planning on catching an F3 Parramatta River service. Use the Trip Planner and consider the alternative public transport options available.
Please note, F3 Parramatta River ferries between Parramatta and Rydalmere may be affected by low tide and replaced by buses, check for updates here.
L1 Dulwich Hill Line
L1 Dulwich Hill line light rail services run every 15 minutes between Central Grand Concourse and Dulwich Hill from 6am to 11pm daily, and until midnight on Fridays. Plan ahead using the Trip Planner.
Change at Central to connect with T1 Western Line trains to Parramatta to get within walking distance of the stadium.
L2 Randwick and L3 Kingsford Lines
L2 Randwick light rail services run between Circular Quay and Randwick via Central Station (Chalmers Street) and L3 Kingsford line services run between Circular Quay and Juniors Kingsford via Central Station (Chalmers Street). Services run regularly, plan your trip using Trip Planner.
Change at Central to connect with T1 Western Line trains to Parramatta to get within walking distance of the stadium.
If you’re driving to the game plan to arrive early. Traffic may be heavier than usual on roads approaching the stadium including Parramatta Road, Church Street, Victoria Road, James Ruse Drive and Pennant Hills Road.
Motorists should also exercise caution as pedestrian activity will be high on roads between Parramatta Interchange and the stadium.
Note, traffic changes for Parramatta Light Rail construction may affect how you travel through Parramatta CBD. For more information visit Parramatta Light Rail.
The following roads outside the stadium will close from approximately 9:30pm until 10pm to allow crowds to safely leave the venue:
- O’Connell Street from Grose Street to George Street
- Ross Street from O’Connell Street to Trott Street
- Victoria Road from O’Connell Street to Villiers Street
While roads are closed motorists will be diverted via Grose Street, Brickfield Street, Victoria Road and Wilde Avenue in both directions. See our road closure and transport map (pdf 672KB) for more details.
Fans driving to the game should allow plenty of extra travel time as parking is expected to be in high demand. Make a night of it and arrive early to secure a space.
The following car parks are within walking distance of the stadium. There's no public parking available on-site at CommBank Stadium on game days:
- Eat Street Car Park, entry via George Street
- Justice Precinct Car Park, entry via Hunter Street
- Parramatta Station Car Park, entry via Wentworth Street
- Parramatta Leagues Club, O’Connell Street at Eels Place: Note pricing for the car park is dependent on if you are a Leagues Club Member (not a Football Club Member). Visit Parra Leagues Club for more info.
- Please note the City Centre car park off Horwood Place closed on 30 September 2021.
Visit City of Parramatta - Parking for more information on available parking locations and current promotions.
Attendees with mobility impairments or accessibility requirements can catch one of the regular route bus services that leave from bus stand A4 at Parramatta Interchange and make stops on O’Connell Street outside the stadium, including routes 600, 601, 603, 604, 606 and 706.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).