I can’t find my Opal card
What might have gone wrong?
If you are unable to pay for your services, this may be because:
- You cannot find your Opal card
- Your Opal card has insufficient funds
- You do not have an Opal card
What to do
You do not need an Opal card to travel on public transport.
You have some options:
Top up your Opal card
- Top up online via this website or Opal Travel app
- Find an over-the-counter Opal retailer using the Opal retailers map
- Use an Opal top up machine at the station, stop or wharf
- Visit the nearest Transport Customer Service Centre at a manned station near you
Use an alternative way to pay
Contactless payments are available on all public transport in the Opal network including using your credit card.
Simply tap on and tap off at Opal readers with your credit card or debit card or a linked device (such as a smartphone or watch).
When using your credit/debit card, you will be charged the Adult fare.
Use the same credit card, debit card or linked device for all your travel during the week, and receive the same travel benefits of an Adult Opal card.
Please note, if you are eligible for a concession fare you will only get your eligible concession rate when you use your concession Opal card.
How to prepare and avoid this scenario
To prepare for a smooth and easy journey, follow the below tips:
- Plan your journey in advance with Trip Planner or with a transport app. This will advise you of the fares for your trip
- Check your Opal balance and top up your card in advance on this website, with the Opal Travel app, at an Opal retailer or at an Opal top up machine.