Preparing to undertake your trip
Before leaving home on the day of your journey, consider:
How do you feel?
Its best to travel when you are feeling well and well rested. If you are not feeling your best, perhaps you didn't sleep well the night before, it is best to delay your travel plans, if this is a possibility.
Allow time to get to your stop
Plan to leave home at a time that you will arrive at your stop or station at least 5 minutes early to ensure you arrive on time. To be extra cautious, arrive at the stop even earlier for peace of mind.
What to take?
Make sure you pack the following essentials for your journey:
- Mobile phone and phone charger
- Your wallet
- Your Opal Card with credit
- OR a credit/debit card
- Paper and pen
- Some food and water
- Your medications, if applicable.
- Your planned route.
- Know where you are going and how you will return.
What to wear?
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Clothes that you can layer depending on the weather conditions.
- Wear bright colours to increase visibility on the roads (red, yellow or orange shirt, or scarf or hat or bag etc.)