Wheelchair Book & Ride
The easy way to book accessible taxis in Sydney
Wheelchair Book & Ride is the centralised booking service for wheelchair accessible taxis in Sydney, making it easier to secure a ride in a suitable vehicle. You can call 139 000 or book online to request a taxi or schedule a ride for later.
The Wheelchair Book & Ride online booking form has now been updated to accept multi-stop trips with wait times included in fare estimates and pickup and return journey in a single transaction.
About Wheelchair Book & Ride
Wheelchair Book & Ride is the centralised booking service for wheelchair accessible taxis in the Sydney metropolitan area.
Wheelchair Book & Ride makes it easier to secure accessible taxi bookings for people who are unable to access public transport because they use a wheelchair. All wheelchair accessible taxis are required to be part of the service to create a larger fleet of available vehicles for you to book.
Wheelchair Book & Ride is operated by Spinal Cord Injuries Australia (SCIA) and funded by Transport for NSW. The service is replacing Zero200 as the government approved booking service.
SCIA supports people living with spinal cord injury and other neuro conditions. It is staffed by people with disabilities which means when you use the booking service you will be assisted by a member of the team who understands your needs.
You can opt to receive SMS notifications of your booking status.
Standard information required for your booking is:
- Pick-up address
- Drop-off address
- Booking for now or later
- Number of wheelchair passengers and additional passengers (if required)
- Contact details
When you book you can specify:
- a booking for a later date (you can book up to 28 days in advance)
- the number of people in your booking and how many have wheelchairs
- instructions for the driver
- Bookings are accepted subject to availability.
- Existing bookings made with the previous provider will not be transferred to Wheelchair Book & Ride. You will need to re-book any advance bookings if you wish to use the new service.
- The ability to make recurring bookings will be added at a later date.
At the time of booking, you can select the number of passengers and how many wheelchairs.
Wheelchair Book & Ride will dispatch an appropriate taxi or taxis to transport the number of people in your booking. The Sydney fleet includes wheelchair accessible taxis of various shapes and sizes including ramps or hoists.
From 1 March 2021, the centralised booking service for WAT bookings across Sydney will transition from Zero200 to SCIA.
Existing bookings made with Zero200 will not be transferred to Wheelchair Book & Ride. You will need to re-book any bookings if you wish to use the new service.
Zero200 will continue to operate as a commercial service.
The new booking service does not impact current taxi fares. You can pay the driver in the usual way.
Payments are not required at the time of booking. There are no booking fees for the customer or the taxi service provider.
Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme
If you are a participant in the Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme travel dockets or have a TTSS SmartCard, you can continue to use these for the Wheelchair Book & Ride service.
NDIS funding support
Customers should check with the NDIS for information on funding support.
The service will be expanded later in 2021 to include:
- Visual Interactive Voice Response (IVR) – phone bookings assisted by an automated phone system. The customer receives a link to open a website or app where they can type or speak to make a booking. A map will appear to help them provide address details.
- Voice self-service booking – call ‘hands free’ to book using voice recognition (voice inputs)
- A mobile app for riders to download.
Customers will be able to use the app to manage the entire booking process including:
- Receiving updates on each booking’s progress
- Track the driver’s location
- Save their preferences for faster bookings
- Schedule and manage future bookings.
Contact Wheelchair Book & Ride
Call Wheelchair Book & Ride on 139 000. The taxi bookings and general enquiries phone line is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The service will reach out to its pool of taxi operators to find you the next available accessible ride.
If you would like to provide feedback, please complete the Wheelchair Book & Ride feedback form.