Groovin the Moo 2019
- Gates open
More ways to pay
If you have an American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card which displays the contactless payment symbol, or linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and off at Opal card readers on trains, light rail and Sydney Ferries. Keep in mind if you’re travelling by bus you still need to use an Opal card. Standard (peak) Adult Opal fare pricing applies. If you consistently use the same contactless card or linked device to tap on and tap off, you may qualify for Opal daily, weekly and Sunday fare caps but no other Opal benefits apply.
The closest station to Maitland Showground is Maitland on the NSW TrainLink Hunter Line.
Alternatively catch a train to Hamilton Station or Broadmeadow Station where shuttle buses will run to the event site regularly throughout the day.
Note: trains will stop at High Street Station from 8am Saturday 27 until 6am Sunday 28 April for the safety of event attendees.
Special event trains will run from:
- From Central: leaving at 06:00, 7:07, 08:07 and 09:07 stopping at Strathfield, Epping, Hornsby, Woy Woy, Gosford, Tuggerah, Wyong, Wyee, Morisset, Fassifern, Cardiff, Broadmeadow, Hamilton and Newcastle Interchange.
- From Newcastle Interchange: leaving at 08:18, 08:38, 09:10, 09:38, 09:50, 10:08, 10:19, 10:29, 10:39, 10:50, 11:09, 11:19, 11:29, 11:34, 11:49, 12:06, 12:21, 12:36, 13:23, 13:35, 14:14, and 14:38 stopping all stations to Maitland.
Additional services will run back to Newcastle Interchange and Central to help you get home:
To Central: leaving Newcastle Interchange at 21:14, 22:30, 23:00, 23:00 and 00:30, stopping all stations to Hornsby (except Wondabyne) then Epping, Strathfield and Central. The 23:40 service from Newcastle Interchange to Gosford will be extended stopping all stations to Hornsby, then Epping, Strathfield and Central.
To Newcastle Interchange: leaving Maitland Station at 18:31, 19:21, 19:44, 20:41, 21:15, 21:33, 21:48, 22:20, 22:30, 22:40, 22:50, 23:13, 23:23, 23:33, 23:43, 23:53, 24:03, 24:20, 25:31, stopping all stations to Newcastle Interchange.
Trackwork on Saturday 27 April and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- T3 Bankstown Line: From 06:30 until 10:30, buses replace trains between Bankstown and Sydenham. Trains run to the normal timetable between Liverpool or Lidcombe and Bankstown.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel to and from events. For the latest information, check travel alerts and trackwork or use the Trip Planner.
To note: the Epping to Chatswood rail line has been temporarily closed for upgrades ahead of Sydney Metro North West services starting in mid 2019. The high-frequency bus service, Station Link, replaces trains between Epping and Chatswood. For more information on Station Link, visit transportnsw.info.
Groovin the Moo chartered shuttle buses will operate during the festival to help you get to and from the event. You will need to pre-purchase a ticket to use these bus services. For more information on bus routes, times and to book a service visit GTM Maitland Travel - Bus.
Services run between the following locations:
- Central Station and GTM Maitland
- Hamilton Station, Broadmeadow Station and GTM Maitland – shuttle services will run every 30 minutes between 8:30am and 5:30pm, stopping at Hamilton and Broadmeadow Stations. Return services will run every 30 minutes between 7pm and 12am.
- Central Coast, Lake Macquarie and GTM Maitland
- Taree, Raymond Terrace, Heatherbrae and GTM Maitland
- Forster, Pacific Palms, Smiths Lake, Buladelah, Tomago and GTM Maitland
- Polkolbin, Cessnock, Kurri Kurri, Singleton and GTM Maitland
- Anna Bay via Raymond Terrace and GTM Maitland
- East Lakes to GTM Maitland
- Kempsey, Port Macquarie, Wauchope, Kew, Harrington, Coopernook and GTM Maitland
Heavy traffic and delays are expected on roads approaching Maitland, including High Street, Cessnock Road and the New England Highway. Festivalgoers are encouraged to catch public transport instead or allow plenty of extra travel time if you have to drive.
The best location for pick up and drop off is Maitland Station.
Local road closures and changed traffic conditions will be in place for the festival.
Limited paid parking will be available at Maitland Lions Club off Cultivation Road in East Maitland from 9am to 11:30pm.
See event day parking information and maps on the Central Coast Stadium website
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).