NRL: Bulldogs v Rabbitohs
ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
- Gates open
- Preliminary game kick off
- NRL kick-off
Important event information
Sydney Olympic Park will be busy on Good Friday, 19 April with the Easter Show taking place in the precinct at the same time. NRL fans are encouraged to catch public transport with train travel included in their event ticket. If you are planning on driving, allow additional travel time and make sure to pre-book parking as car parks will fill from the early morning.
Valid pre-purchased match tickets include travel to and from ANZ Stadium in Sydney Olympic Park on the following public transport services:
- Train services (bounded by Bomaderry, Goulburn, Bathurst, Scone and Dungog stations)
- Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses
- Regular bus services
- Sydney Ferries and Newcastle Ferries
- Sydney and Newcastle Light rail services
Remember to keep your event ticket safe for your return journey or you’ll need to use your Opal card or accepted contactless payment method as you must have a valid ticket when travelling on public transport. Your event ticket is valid on public transport until 04:00 the following day.
Note: an additional station access fee applies for travel to or from Domestic and International Airport stations. Your event ticket does not include the access fee, so if you're travelling from these stations you'll need to pay the train station access fee
The closest station to ANZ Stadium is Olympic Park.
Take advantage of the additional train services already running for the Sydney Royal Easter Show:
- Express trains from will run between Central, Blacktown/Schofields and Olympic Park each day of the long weekend Friday to Monday inclusive.
- From Central: services will run every 10 minutes from 8.30am until 2.30pm, then approximately every 8 minutes until 9pm, stopping at Redfern, Strathfield then Olympic Park.
- To Central: services will leave Olympic Park every 10 minutes from 9am until midnight, stopping at Strathfield, Redfern then Central.
- From Schofields: every 30 minutes from 7.30am until midnight, stopping at Quakers Hill, Marayong, Blacktown, Seven Hills, Toongabbie, Pendle Hill, Wentworthville, Westmead, Parramatta, Granville, Auburn, Lidcombe then Olympic Park. From 9.30pm services will also stop at Harris Park.
- To Schofields: services will leave Olympic Park every 30 minutes from 8.45am until 12.20am stopping at Lidcombe, Auburn, Granville, Parramatta, Westmead, Wentworthville, Pendle Hill, Toongabbie, Seven Hills, Blacktown, Marayong, Quakers Hill then Schofields.
- The Lidcombe shuttle services to Olympic Park will run every 10 minutes from 5:30am until 2pm. Shuttle services will then be extended to run between Blacktown and Olympic Park every 10 minutes between 2pm and midnight and between Penrith and Olympic Park every 30 minutes between 2pm and midnight.
- Blue Mountains Line
- Services to and from Central between 8am and 10:30pm will make an additional stop at Lidcombe.
- Central Coast & Newcastle Line:
- An additional service will leave Newcastle Interchange at 7:02am, stopping at Broadmeadow, Cardiff, Fassifern, Morisset, Wyong, Tuggerah, Gosford, Woy Woy, Hornsby then Olympic Park.
- An additional service will leave Wyong at 09:01, stopping all stations to Berowra, Hornsby and Olympic Park.
- Services to Gosford leaving Central at 18:46 and 19:46 (leaving Strathfield at 7pm and 8pm) will extend to Morisset.
Trackwork is taking place from 02:00 Friday 19 April until 02:00 Tuesday 23 April and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- T1 Western Line and T5 Cumberland Line: Buses will replace trains between Richmond and Schofields. T1 Western Line Trains run to a changed timetable between Schofields and Olympic Park.
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line and South Coast Line: Buses will replace trains between Bondi Junction and Central. T4 Illawarra Line trains start and end at North Sydney. South Coast Line trains run between South Coast Stations and the City Circle, from Central fist stop Town Hall.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so allow extra travel time and plan ahead. For train service disruption information, check travel alerts and trackwork or plan your trip using the Trip Planner.
To note: the Epping to Chatswood rail line has been temporarily closed for upgrades ahead of Sydney Metro North West services starting in mid 2019. The high-frequency bus service, Station Link, replaces trains between Epping and Chatswood. For more information on Station Link, visit transportnsw.info.
Take advantage of the Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses running on all nine routes for the Easter Show from the early morning until late at night. Buses drop off and pick up from Olympic Boulevard in Olympic Park.
- To Olympic Park: services start running between 7am and 7:30am, depending on the route, every 15 to 25 minutes and more frequently during peak times. Buses begin arriving into the precinct from around 8:30am until 5:30pm.
- From Olympic Park: services start leaving from Olympic Park at around 12:45pm, with the last bus on each route leaving the precinct at 11pm each night of the Show.
Remember to show your match ticket to the driver when boarding services. You will need a valid match ticket to board the bus. Cash tickets are not sold on-board Major Event Buses and services aren't Opal Card enabled.
Major Event Bus Routes:
|Route||To / from SOP|
|1A||Warriewood via Dee Why|
|1B||Warriewood via Mona Vale|
|2||Glebe via Hunters Hill|
Use the Major Event Buses Interactive Map for a map of all routes and stops. Alternatively search your route number in routes and timetables for full timetable details. You can also use the Trip Planner to plan your trip to and from the Show on all the available transport options.
Note: scheduled wheelchair accessible buses will travel on each route, these services are identified in the Trip Planner by the wheelchair icon.
Sydney Ferries services are very popular and may reach capacity. Keep this in mind if you’re planning on catching an F3 Parramatta River service. Plan your trip ahead and allow plenty of extra travel time or consider the alternative public transport options available.
ANZ Stadium is approximately 40 minutes walk (3.6km) from Sydney Olympic Park Wharf. There is a connecting 526 bus to the stadium.
Due to low tide some ferry services to and from Parramatta wharf may be replaced by buses. See Parramatta Ferry low tide for the full calendar of ferry replacement services.
Light rail services run between Central Station and Dulwich Hill with stops at popular CBD and Inner West destinations. Change at Central for an express Western Line service to Olympic Park.
Taxis are available on Herb Elliott Ave near Australia Ave until 5pm and then on Murray Rose Ave (near the Coca-Cola Carnival gate) from 5pm to 11pm.
For details of taxi networks servicing the Sydney area, visit NSW Taxi Council.
Heavy traffic is expected on roads approaching Sydney Olympic Park during the Show especially during the Easter Long Weekend. Allow extra travel time on roads including the M4 Mwy, Homebush Bay Dr, Concord Rd, Lane Cove Rd and Epping Rd approaching the precinct. Anyone considering driving to Olympic Park should arrive early and will need to have pre-booked parking.
Sydney Olympic Park Authority will close local roads to accommodate increased public transport services and ensure pedestrian safety during events. For road closure details, visit Sydney Olympic Park Authority and check out the interactive map.
A distance-based toll applies on the new M4 between Parramatta and Homebush. For details visit westconnex.com.au/newM4.
Parking will fill from the early morning on Good Friday. If you plan on parking in Olympic Park you will need to have pre-booked your parking.
Visit Sydney Olympic Park Prebook to pre-book your parking ticket and guarantee yourself a space. Note: Pre-book parking is available until 23:59 the night before the event. If you haven’t booked, follow the variable message signs within Sydney Olympic Park to best available casual parking. For more information visit parking at Sydney Olympic Park
A distance-based toll applies on the new M4 between Parramatta and Homebush. For details visit westconnex.com.au/newM4 Please note, vehicles exiting P4 car park onto Homebush Bay Drive should ignore the beep. You will not be charged a toll as you did not enter the motorway.
P6 carpark, located on the corner of Australia Avenue and Murray Rose Avenue will be closed to the general public from Friday 29 March as it will become the carnival site for the Show. The car park will be re-opened on Wednesday 1 May. Alternative car parking can be found at P3 or P4 Car Park on Sarah Durack Avenue.
Sydney Olympic Park authority will close roads within the precinct ahead of the Royal Easter Show start to facilitate pre-event set up. Some roads remain closed until 1 May to allow for event pack down.
Road closures from Friday 29 March to Wednesday 1 May inclusive:
- Australia Ave between Murray Rose Ave and Kevin Coombs Ave
- Olympic Boulevard from Dawn Fraser Ave to Qudos Bank Arena
- Showground Rd between Murray Rose Ave and Grand Parade
- Grand Parade between Australia Ave and Olympic Boulevard
Road closures from Friday 12 April to Tuesday 23 April inclusive:
- Australia Ave between Dawn Fraser Ave to Murray Rose Ave (northbound)
- Murray Rose Ave from Australia Ave to Park St (westbound)
- Kevin Coombs Ave between Pondage Link and Australia Ave
- Marjorie Jackson Parkway between Park St and Showground Rd
- Shirley Strickland Ave between Rod Laver Dr and the P4 Car Park
- Rod Laver Dr between Shirley Strickland Ave (west) and the Bus Tunnel
- Herb Elliot Ave at Olympic Boulevard
- Dawn Fraser Ave from Fig Grove to Showground Rd
- Showground Rd from Dawn Fraser Ave to Murray Rose Ave
All closures are detailed and updated regularly on the Sydney Olympic Park interactive map.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).