Christmas at Rosehill Race Day
Rosehill Gardens, Rosehill
- Gates open
- First race
- Last race
More ways to pay
If you have a contactless-enabled American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card, or a linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and tapping off at Opal card readers. Available on all public transport in the Opal network, contactless payments are another way to pay on the Opal network. Adult Opal fare pricing applies and you will receive Opal benefits, including daily and weekly fare caps
Sydney Metro services are high-frequency, driverless trains running between Tallawong Station and Chatswood Station.
Metro services start from the early morning running every 10 minutes until late. Change at Epping to connect with trains services towards Rosehill.
You can use your Opal card or accepted contactless payment method on Sydney Metro services.
The closest station to Rosehill Gardens is Rosehill on the T6 Carlingford Line. Rosehill Station is around 3 minutes walk from the main entrance.
Trains will run approximately every 30 minutes between Clyde and Rosehill from 9:35am until 7:56pm.
Trackwork is taking place from 02:00 Saturday 7 until 02:00 Monday 9 December and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- T1 Western Line: Penrith trains run to a changed timetable. Richmond trains run between Richmond and Olympic Park only. On Saturday only from 23:00 until 05:30, buses replace all trains between Lidcombe and Central.
- T1 North Shore Line: Trains may run to a changed timetable due to trackwork between Strathfield and Central. On Saturday from 23:00 until 05:30, buses replace all trains between Central and Lidcombe.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: The all-stations Homebush trains will not run. Leppington trains run between Leppington and Strathfield only. On Saturday night from 23:00 until 05:30, buses replace trains between Lidcombe and Central.
- T9 Northern line: On Saturday from 23:15 until 05:30, buses replace all trains between Strathfield and Central.
- Blue Mountains Line and Central Coast & Newcastle Line: On Saturday from 23:00 until 05:30, buses replace all trains between Strathfield and Central.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so allow plenty of extra travel time and plan ahead. For train service disruption information, check travel alerts or plan your trip using the Trip Planner.
A free shuttle bus (marked Races) will run from:
- From Parramatta to Rosehill Gardens: services leave from Smith St (across from Arthur Phillip High School) near Parramatta Station via Parramatta Wharf every 30 minutes from 10am until 1:30pm. Buses will meet each Ferry at Parramatta Wharf hourly.
- From Strathfield to Rosehill Gardens: services leave from Stand A, Everton Rd at Strathfield Station hourly from 10am until 1pm.
Return services back to Parramatta Station via Parramatta Wharf leave from the Rosehill Gardens P3 car park bus stop on James Ruse Drive every 30 minutes from 3.30pm until 6:30pm, and back to Strathfield Station every 30 minutes from 4pm until 6:30pm.
The closest ferry wharf to the racecourse is Parramatta. You can change for a free shuttle bus marked 'Races' to the racecourse that will run to meet each ferry.
Sydney Ferries services are very popular and may reach capacity, especially on weekends. Keep this in mind if you’re planning on catching an F3 Parramatta River service. Plan your trip ahead and allow plenty of extra travel time or consider the alternative public transport options available.
Due to low tide some ferry services to and from Parramatta wharf may be replaced by buses. Check the low tide ferry bus replacement calendar
Light rail services run between Central Station and Dulwich Hill with stops at popular CBD and Inner West destinations. Change at Central to connect with trains towards Clyde and Rosehill.
The widened M4 between Parramatta and Homebush and the new M4 Tunnels between Homebush and Haberfield allows motorists to bypass more than 50 sets of traffic lights on Parramatta Road. A distance-based toll applies. For details on the M4 upgrades, visit westconnex.com.au.
Traffic changes for Parramatta Light Rail construction may affect how you travel through Parramatta CBD. For more information visit Parramatta Light Rail.
Drop off: taxis enter Rosehill Gardens Racecourse through the Grand Avenue gates but are not permitted to stop on James Ruse Drive or Grand Avenue.
Pick up: taxis are located on Oak Street over the Equine Bridge located at the Might and Power entry.
For details of taxi networks servicing the Sydney area visit NSW Taxi Council.
Limited free parking is available in:
- P4 and P5 car parks located on James Ruse Drive and Prospect Street.
- P6 Infield car park via Gate 2 on Unwin Street.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can check 'accessible services only' in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (check the 'Accessibility' filter).