Changes to off-peak fares from 5 October
Opal off-peak fares will change from Monday 5 October 2020. The temporary 50% off-peak travel discount is returning to the normal 30% discount.
Prior to July, the off-peak discount was only available for travel on metro and train. Transport for NSW will be extending the 30% off-peak discount to include metro, train, bus and light rail on an ongoing basis.
Other changes introduced in July will remain in place, including:
- Extended weekday peak periods
- Sydney metro, train, bus and light rail: 6.30am-10am and 3pm-7pm
- NSW TrainLink intercity services: 6am-10am and 3pm-7pm
- $8.05 cap on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays
- Increased peak fare for 0-3km bus and light rail trips
Opal benefits will also remain the same, including:
- $2.50 unlimited daily travel for Senior/Pensioner Opal card holders
- Weekday and weekly travel caps
- Half-price fares after eight paid journeys in one week