Newcastle Bus Interchange opening Sunday 5 July
From Sunday 5 July 2020 the Newcastle Bus Interchange will open connecting trains, buses, light rail and coaches.
The bus interchange will provide pedestrian access between the station concourse, the bus interchange, Hunter Street and Stewart Avenue.
The following bus and coach services will operate through the new interchange:
- Route 22 - Charlestown to Newcastle Interchange via Merewether
- Route 130 - Fingal Bay to Newcastle via Gan Gan Rd
- Route 131 - Fingal Bay to Newcastle (Express Service)
- Route 138 - Newcastle to Lemon Tree Passage via Newcastle Airport
- Route 140 - Newcastle to Lakeside Shops via Hexham & Raymond Terrace
- Route 160 - Cessnock to Newcastle
- Route 266 - Newcastle to West Wallsend
- Arrivals only
- Route 150 - Taree to Newcastle via Forster, Hawks Nest & Tea Gardens
- Route 151 - Taree to Newcastle via Forster & The Rock
- Route 152 - Hawks Nest to Newcastle
Customer Service officers will be on hand from Sunday 5 July to Tuesday 7 July to provide customers with information.
You can look up the Newcastle Interchange stop page for information about the bus routes using the bus interchange along with the stop facilities and accessibility information. An updated Newcastle Interchange station map is also available.
Plan your journey through the Trip Planner.