Opal fare changes from 6 July
Opal fares will change from Monday 6 July 2020 including a temporary 50% discount for off-peak travel on metro/train, bus and light rail services.
From 6 July:
- There will be a temporary 50% discount for off-peak fares on metro, train, bus and light rail services.
- Weekday peak fare travel times will be extended.
|Days of the week||Sydney metro/train, bus and light rail
|Intercity train peak times|
|Monday to Friday||
- A new $8.05 all-day travel cap on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays will be introduced.
- There will also be changes to fares during peak times within 0-3km fare band for buses and light rail.
Opal benefits remain the same, including:
- $2.50 unlimited daily travel for Senior/Pensioner Opal card holders
- Weekday and weekly travel caps
- Half-price fares after eight paid journeys in one week